Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Damn! I searched everywhere for a decent cordless saw with the blade on the right!

Now I wish I had waited and not got the hilti! Its a nice saw, but the blade visibility is kinda crappy.

Dave

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
its actually 36v.. requires two 18v batteries at same time... the milwaukee 18v fuel brushless circ saw is extremly impressive.. . the makita is suppose to be going head to head with it.. but its almost twice the size of hte milwaukee

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its actually 36v.. requires two 18v batteries at same time... the milwaukee 18v fuel brushless circ saw is extremly impressive.. . the makita is suppose to be going head to head with it.. but its almost twice the size of hte milwaukee
I got 4 Milwaukee things in the last year. And none of them work today.

·
diplomat
5,292 Posts
I dig the 36v setup Makita has, it's still lighter than a corded saw I bet. Nice to have flexibility of small battery, big battery, 2 batteries.

·
Super Moderator
10,605 Posts
I have a half dozen cordless circular saws and rarely use them. I can't imagine having to use two batteries on one. Would be nice to use a regular 7 1/4 blade on the cordless though.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I started out with a PC saw with the blade on the left as a right hander. Eventually I went to blade on the right and never looked back. If you get a saw with good sightline and accurate marks on the baseplate, it becomes less of an issue. Personal preference and all that.
When I use a circular saw I feel like I'm kinda shifted right, rather then square behind it. I have 4 worm drives and 4 or 6 circular saws because I have and do worked with a ton of guys that can't cut with the blad on the left. So you're right. It's just all about personal preference.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
If you get a saw with good sightline and accurate marks on the baseplate
Those two seem like conflicting requirements...or duplicate ones. I've always been at the extent humans will go to keep doing what they have always done...mainly due to how they were taught because the person that taught them was taught them that way, etc. ;) We can be captives of ourselves after all.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,823 Posts
Unless the batteries are in parallel.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts