Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was recently told by a GC that i had to pay for my own crane.:blink: Framed 2 houses for this guy before and never paid for a crane nor have i for anybody else.:no:
Just wondering if any of u guys ever pay for your own crane??

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
Was recently told by a GC that i had to pay for my own crane.:blink: Framed 2 houses for this guy before and never paid for a crane nor have i for anybody else.:no:
Just wondering if any of u guys ever pay for your own crane??
pay for the crane. And give him a per hour rate the first time he asked you to move something with it. Otherwise he can get his own.

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
Depends.

Did you have opportunity to know a crane would be required when you gave him a price?

If you guys had a deal based on incomplete info, like if he didn't tell you that there were different conditions from the first two houses you framed which would require a crane, then he needs to pony up for it.

If you knew a crane was needed going into it and didn't include a crane in your quote, then I understand him not wanting to pay for it at this point.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Depends.

Did you have opportunity to know a crane would be required when you gave him a price?

If you guys had a deal based on incomplete info, like if he didn't tell you that there were different conditions from the first two houses you framed which would require a crane, then he needs to pony up for it.

If you knew a crane was needed going into it and didn't include a crane in your quote, then I understand him not wanting to pay for it at this point.
Same deal as the first two houses. He pays for the crane. he was just seeing what he could get outta me. Pisses me off though:mad:

·
Super Moderator
30,033 Posts
The times we have subbed framing where a crane was involved we paid for it. Everyone is different. Should of been clear from the get go.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the replies fellas! Even the ones that poked a little fun:thumbsup: It seems a bit shady on the third house i frame he wants to change the contract for the better of himself. Talked to the gc this morning and hes getting the crane. Seems to be the norm around here for the GC to pick up the crane

1 - 20 of 37 Posts