Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you guys offer a maintenance plan on your bigger projects. I'm bidding on a townhome community and thought it might be a nice option for the board members to think about. Maybe offer to touch up the high traffic areas every other year.

Any of you do anything like this :Thumbs:

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
AHS said:
I was wondering if any of you guys offer a maintenance plan on your bigger projects. I'm bidding on a townhome community and thought it might be a nice option for the board members to think about. Maybe offer to touch up the high traffic areas every other year.

Any of you do anything like this :Thumbs:

Would you charge for something like that?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would charge for it, after all time is money. I've done mostly roofing and it's standard to offer a maintenance plan for roofing but I'm not sure if it's standard for painting.

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
I don't offer any sort of maintenance plan. I am pretty new to this business though. It seems like it would be a good selling point, but how are you going to get the colors to match after 2 years? It's hard enough trying to blend them when you touch up after 2 weeks.

·
Painting Contractor
1,881 Posts
We are offering exterior painting maintenance programs this year.
It is a way to differentiate ourselves from the competition and it
seems people like the peace of mind of knowing that you will be
there year after year. ( residential customers only) The weather
and climate in Toronto is not very kind to any exterior painting job
and for that reason it becomes even more important. As far as pricing
work like that, pricing it like a service call is the best way to go.
The most important benefit is staying in touch with your best
customers. NAPP has more information available about this.

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
It seems to me that if you can charge for it and the customer likes it, that it's a great idea. I would be interested to hear about how it works for you guys in practice as well as your theories about how to go about it. I would be interested in implimenting something like this for our company.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Maintenance programs are/should be free. We offer a free plan. Go to the house after one year. Take a look around and if any repair is needed take notes, make an estimate, and give it to the homeowner. The time spent doing this will lead to a lot more work. NAPP does have a great program as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts