Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am sorry this post wasn't very reader friendly. I do not type as fast as I am thinking so I get a little problem and I am also a little upset by things going on.
Thanks for the answers I have gotten they are what I was think and I will not right now try to better explain. The answers here are enough. Thanks

·
Radical Basement Dweller
27,034 Posts
Please don't take this the wrong way but if you could go back and edit your post to include more paragraphs and some spacing, your post might be better understood and responded to.
I've tried to read through it 2-3 times and went cross-eyed.

Again....not trying to slam you...just give some helpful advice,

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I have read this and something is wrong.

With the number of service calls alone justifies a person dedicated just to that.

I have a friend wih a 300 unit complex and he uses 3 men on a fulltime basis.

The problem is as things age they need more service calls. That appears to not have been taken into account.

I have a friend that averages 30 hours a week taking care of 65 apts. His duty includes owing and snow plowing.

I think you are being expected to do too much.

Is that what you want to hear?

I have 120 apts that I take care of that averages 30 hours a month, but that does not include clean outs and painting or normal service calls.

It is hard to figure, but it definitelly appears they are expecting way too much.

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
The people/companies who manage breeding shacks have one mantra...

CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP.....& the FASTER the better....

Once costs have been cut they want it even cheaper....

It is a losing battle, they'll burn you out & then get the next guy...

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
52,994 Posts
What is it they expect you do to to the units to get them ready and what do they let you hire out. I saw the carpet and floor replacement. You also said they don't hire out HVAC so that is you.

So does that leave you scrubbing the place down head to toe and then applying fresh paint to all surfaces and fixing all damaged things in the unit?

And the owner said he would do all of that in half day per unit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts