Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use Ad-Aware, Spybot Search & Destroy and Spyware Blaster to keep my machine from getting all bogged down with spyware, malware and hijacks. These three are free applications without any spyware of their own. They either ask for donations or that you upgrade to more powerful stuff they have. I have used these programs for years with success. Google them to download. Do your own research and study on it.

This assumes you run an anti-virus program, and do your own clean-up of old files as well as the occasional de-frag disk thing. Scan disk and Windows integrety scan too. I use Symantec for that.

And don't forget to check for Microsoft updates, especially the critical ones.

Never download a file from an unknown source, even if they claim to love you, lol.

Oh, and rule number one. Never have anything on your harddisk worth stealing. Think about it.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
GCMan said:
If you run Firefox for a browser, don't be surprised if you have to re-install it after you ping the MS site. I've had mine removed twice while looking for MS upgrades. Just say 'no mas' to MS.

·
Registered
79 Posts
GCMan said:
I use Ad-Aware, Spybot Search & Destroy and Spyware Blaster to keep my machine from getting all bogged down with spyware, malware and hijacks. These three are free applications without any spyware of their own. They either ask for donations or that you upgrade to more powerful stuff they have. I have used these programs for years with success. Google them to download. Do your own research and study on it.

This assumes you run an anti-virus program, and do your own clean-up of old files as well as the occasional de-frag disk thing. Scan disk and Windows integrety scan too. I use Symantec for that.

Never download a file from an unknown source, even if they claim to love you, lol.

Oh, and rule number one. Never have anything on your harddisk worth stealing. Think about it.
My girlfriend is very computer literate and manages 3 betta boards and has her own betta site(the little fish)goes to e-mule alot and downloads on a daily basisi,actually the thing never shuts down.The programs spoke about are the same one she uses and I have never heard her complain (as of yet).Another one I myself like is PEST PATROL,...
:Thumbs:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup yup ppmc, and roger that, Pipe. I got Firefox.exe resting on my desktop. Thanks for the advice on MS. Firefox kicks IE hands down. I'm just too chicken to install it right now, but my son swears by it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts