Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does/has anyone used Main Street Hub for their social media content?

I'm very curious because the pricing seems reasonable and there is only a 3 month commitment

The reviews online are not great but they are old, and for the size of the company I don't think 6 google reviews are indicative of their overall customer satisfaction.

I checked BBB and there were 2 only complaints reported.

Most of the complaints seem to be from people that did not like their sales tactic. I find Jody, the girl who contacted me to be very informative and not at all high pressure.

It seems like a small investment to try them out, $900 for three months plus the $150 set-up fee.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
My thoughts are hell no.

I would put a million bucks that they dont have an office full of people doing the work, but VA's probably segregated into categories managing all the accounts. Which is fine @ a $100 or $150 a month. A kid in India wont manage my social media for $300 a month. It just isnt American.

unless you can get this in writing with a photo of the inside of their office with a brand logo thing hanging on the wall.

You know like hubspot has., who is a real brand, a real company producing real value.

I would also ask to see some samples.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My thoughts are hell no.

unless you can get this in writing with a photo of the inside of their office with a brand logo thing hanging on the wall.

You know like hubspot has., who is a real brand, a real company producing real value.

I would also ask to see some samples.
I've seen pictures of their office and from what I'm told they will do an interview to learn more about what we do and who we serve.

From there I'm told there would be a team of 3 people working on my account. A writer, IT guy and an account manager. I'm told I will have all of their contact information and direct lines.

They are going to post content 2-3 times a week on both facebook & twitter and they will monitor and reply to check-ins and comments/shares on facebook, google+, Yelp, and foursquare.

They've had good press from Forbes, Wall St Journal, NY Times & Huff post.

I would absolutely not sign up for a long term contract but 3 months seems reasonable

1 - 3 of 3 Posts