·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The renewal fee for HIC registration $100,(for individuals) which CSL holders used to be exempt from is now required. When this program was introduced it was billed as a "One Time Fee" unless the state used up all our money

For those outside MA, this was a state fee/registration for contractors with or without licenses which would provide funds for HO's that were victims of contractor fraud/defects that were not remedied. This came about after the 80's boom, and shady deals between some contractors and bankers were found to have used questionable financing practices.

Not that I find education a bad thing but I will bet they will raise the renewal fee along with the new CEC requirements.

Commercial vehicle registrations went up $40 this year too

·
General Contractor
7 Posts
Just sent my HIC renewal fee off today, I wonder how much more money they can take from us! I like the fact that MA. is making some needed updates to the program, but come on it's hard enough to be ligit in this state!
The times they are a changing!!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ren,

I have not read through the whole thing yet, but I believe this requirement has yet to adopted by the state.

This is the link to some of the proposed code changes. CEC info starts on page 6. of first link above

Sounds like general building/business courses will qualify, but classes geared towards a specific product will not. At the bottom of the changes it lists requirements for the developers of the classes and getting them approved.
Can you say
Together we can (collect more money)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Contractor Licensing in Massachusetts has had no enforcement procedures. It is similar to firearms licensing. Only those breaking the law obtain more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts