Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Im curious as well. HD just put out their black friday stuff and it looks like the M18 miter saws are on sale or you can basically get a free M18 fuel brad gun as a combo with either the 10" or 12" saws. Not sure if i really need to go cordless on the saw but i want the brad gun and they have another deal for the brad gun with a free 8 Ah XC battery.

Time to get some end of the year tax write-offs for sure!

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Got the 10" about 4 months ago and started having pretty big blade deflection issues after maybe 250 cuts of kiln dried 1x. Milwaukee blew me off for 3 weeks or so in responding to my issue while the 90 day return at HD expired- F&^K! Their solution is for me go drop it at the 'warranty center' 45-60 minutes away for an undetermined amount of time to possibly warranty.

Yeah, I'm a bit pissed with Milwaukee right now.......

·
Registered
948 Posts
Got the 10" about 4 months ago and started having pretty big blade deflection issues after maybe 250 cuts of kiln dried 1x. Milwaukee blew me off for 3 weeks or so in responding to my issue while the 90 day return at HD expired- F&^K! Their solution is for me go drop it at the 'warranty center' 45-60 minutes away for an undetermined amount of time to possibly warranty.

Are you running thin kerf blades?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've had it for 2 years. Best money I've spent on a saw. I also have the 7 1/4, awesome as well.

·
Registered
115 Posts

That sux. HD in my area has extended thier return period to 180 days because of Covid. Didnt realize that was a regional thing. Ive never had a problem returning stuff as long as it still has original box even used power tools. How bad was the blade going off and what kind of materials were you cutting? I always expect a portable sliding saw to be a little bit off but as long as it is good enough to cut trim and crown smoothly its ok. If youre trying to do fine detail work on hardwoods then a more powerfull corded saw might be needed regardless. Also, which batteries are you using? Ive found with all the M12 and M18 stuff that the jigsaws, circ saws, grinders, ect. really need to be running with the high capacity, high output batteries or they are just not as powerful and smooth.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
well maybe my experience will help .same company ,milwaukee . the big 12" slider ,corded . cut like a snake .i was around house alot so i made calls to get it fixed .once i started i just kept at it .it kept getting sent back saying it just needed adjustment . the amount of time i spent on the phone ,returning it and getting it back is not something i am proud of , i just couldn't believe they wouldn't fix it . literally 5 times i got it sent to repair shop and returned "Adjusted" anyhow walked into HD ,where i had purchased it and asked for help .Guess what they did it .Got ahold of the Rep for milwaukee and got it done . i had to drive a bit to make the switch but with out HD help that saw was useless .dealing with Milwaukee on that saw was a nightmere . HD stood behind me ,try a different salesmen .

·
Registered
62 Posts
A2Z- Good call, I checked my receipt and it IS 180 days here too! ****ty story that I tossed the box already but I bet I can get them to take it back. Cuts at 0-0 are visibly crappy immediately.

JFM- You sound like me, when warranted I'll push hard on this kind of crap. Reminds me of suing a private utility locate company for mis-marking gas lines- a-holes tried to claim it wasn't their fault after they missed by over 2'.......

·
Registered
47 Posts
We have a couple of the 10" cordless Milleaukee saws at work. I've also used the little Mil cirdless miter saw a bunch. All of those Milwaukee saws Ive used get knocked out of adjustment more easily than the dewalt saws. The carpenters knock the gear around a bit and the cordless milwaukees can't take it. Seems like every 3 or four months I'm realigning the fence on them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
A2Z- Thanks for pointing out the HD return window! I took it back today and had zero issues! Guy in returns said they've had a few of the same model come back recently.............

That sux. HD in my area has extended thier return period to 180 days because of Covid. Didnt realize that was a regional thing. Ive never had a problem returning stuff as long as it still has original box even used power tools. How bad was the blade going off and what kind of materials were you cutting? I always expect a portable sliding saw to be a little bit off but as long as it is good enough to cut trim and crown smoothly its ok. If youre trying to do fine detail work on hardwoods then a more powerfull corded saw might be needed regardless. Also, which batteries are you using? Ive found with all the M12 and M18 stuff that the jigsaws, circ saws, grinders, ect. really need to be running with the high capacity, high output batteries or they are just not as powerful and smooth.

·
Contractor
4,656 Posts
bought the 7-1/4" for a floor job and the went on to use it for a 450sf PT/Azek deck. Bogs down a little on wet PT but that's to be expected. It's light as can be but the bag clogs up on Azek. I'm not interesting in a larger saw and I'll drag out the Kapex if needed but this light saw is easy to whip out.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I love the 7 1/4 Milwaukee, it's very accurate and perfect for jobs that aren't using larger moldings

- Rich

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
Mine takes a beating and is pretty accurate for the stuff I do.

My old Bosch 12 inch non slider wishes it was as accurate. Which is why it sits in the garage these days.

Just wish it could cut 4x4s. But the smallbsize makes up for it in portability.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hmmm.... Sounds like ill leave the saw on the shelf and stick to corded for now then pick up the brad nailer with free battery instead.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts