Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be removing LVP flooring in two homes for a landlord I do work for. The flooring is in good shape and was only installed a few years ago. He wants to tile most of the flooring with some engineered in a couple of areas. He feels the vinyl is a little too cheap looking for rent he charges in that area. Anyway, that's neither here nor there but I have heard that LVP can weather badly and even warp in too much direct sunlight. Even some the of manufacturer literature mentions it. But the flooring in these homes looks good considering there are no window coverings and the sun is pretty intense here in Southern California. Have any of you seen much damage to LVP from the sun, or are the warnings maybe a little over cautious?

·
Registered
Residential Remodels/Additions
165 Posts
I have not seen that in my area, but it's rainy and grey 8 months out of 12 here. Save some and put it out in the sun all summer. See what happens.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems pretty popular around here, and people generally seem to like it. So just wanted some input on how it holds up in direct sunlight for my own knowledge.

·
Registered
Custom
12,902 Posts
You get what you pay for... they have them with UV coatings... alternatively, if they've already bought an "inexpensive" brand without the UV coating and can't return it, they also sell UV films for windows in the area of concern...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts