Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a Milwaukee Fuel Circular saw two batteries a charger and a case for 199. They also have me a full box of 100 pencils and a hat

·
Repair & Renovation
3,257 Posts
Wow u have a good yard!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I usually have to pry the pencils out of my guys hands at the lumber yard!:laughing:

I did get a hat from the local tool store today, only after buying a new rotary hammer and bits though:laughing:

Dave

·
Registered
667 Posts
I usually have to pry the pencils out of my guys hands at the lumber yard!:laughing:

I did get a hat from the local tool store today, only after buying a new rotary hammer and bits though:laughing:

Dave
Dave, what name ya got on your head tomorrow? Just wondering where I can get a hat, and the free pencils! Every-time I stop at Allegheny Millwork, ya think that you are taking their first born child with you when ya ask for pencil!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Dave, what name ya got on your head tomorrow? Just wondering where I can get a hat, and the free pencils! Every-time I stop at Allegheny Millwork, ya think that you are taking their first born child with you when ya ask for pencil!

Hey Dave, I got the hat from advantage contractor supply over there across the 40th st. bridge its part of scott electric. They are pretty decent guys at the tool counter over there.

O god lol don't get me started on Allegheny millwork:laughing: I was out hp starr the other day, they said they were out of them!

I do have quite a stock pile:laughing: from the old fagens in Verona and then north side if you remember that place.

Dave

Dave

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Don't have to buy them at HD they throw them to me. They have given me 3 hats and 2 tshirts in the last month.......
Yeah, I get 'em for free too, I just threw that link out there for those that are too shy to ask for échantillons... :laughing:

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I never liked the crap free pencils anyways, Dixon red & black in hard lead only thank you.
I found the softer lead shows up on the darker composites better. although for most stuff id rather have the harder lead. Fortunately the ones from my yard are the hard lead ones. The harder lead pencils are tough to find.

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
I found the softer lead shows up on the darker composites better. although for most stuff id rather have the harder lead. Fortunately the ones from my yard are the hard lead ones. The harder lead pencils are tough to find.
Yea, I've never been given hard lead from any yard or supplier. I usually can't find it in stores either so I just order from Amazon. I also ordered some red lead pencils, those work REALLY well on the dark composites but they break easy since they're so soft. I usually keep one in my bags all the time so if I need the red I can use it.

·
Registered
840 Posts
What I have found works well for all types of materials is artisans pencils.

Dixon TICONDEROGA black marks every thing from trex to metal. Its awesome sharpen it with a razor knife and all.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts