Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
General Contractor B-CA
53 Posts
Needed a lot of OSB about 2 weeks ago and had issues fulfilling my order. Was thinking the riots created that issue

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Where the hell is that guy, Hawaii? 2x4x8 for $4.29?

Anyone else remember when corona started and deckhead said he was ready to start getting himself some sweetheart deals on everything? I told him it ain’t going to happen because everyone is making more to do nothing and those people weren’t going to be making anything new for you to buy, that prices will actually skyrocket. Well here we are, too much Monopoly money chasing too few goods.

·
Registered
11,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where the hell is that guy, Hawaii? 2x4x8 for $4.29?

Anyone else remember when corona started and deckhead said he was ready to start getting himself some sweetheart deals on everything? I told him it ain’t going to happen because everyone is making more to do nothing and those people weren’t going to be making anything new for you to buy, that prices will actually skyrocket. Well here we are, too much Monopoly money chasing too few goods.
Oregon.

Today's Wall St Journal had a front page story about the lumber futures as well. Way up.

·
Registered
12,360 Posts
I'm paying 7 bucks clean straight ground contact PT 2x4x8.

2x8x8 is 14 bucks.

It has gone up in the last few weeks.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Labor issues... time to yank the plug on extended bennies.
Not with an election coming up, Murphys said he will keep the extra $300 a week in place. Said "prices will increase just a few pennies, it's the right thing to do". Says the guy worth $80 million, 5 houses and up for election in November

·
Registered
680 Posts
Not with an election coming up, Murphys said he will keep the extra $300 a week in place. Said "prices will increase just a few pennies, it's the right thing to do". Says the guy worth $80 million, 5 houses and up for election in November
Wife retired from the high school 2 yrs ago, drawing a small pension. I still work full time, making good money. Last week she got a stimulus check, she figured it was because she is getting SS. This week we got another check, made out to both of us. Makes no sense at all.

·
Registered
Custom
13,217 Posts
Wife retired from the high school 2 yrs ago, drawing a small pension. I still work full time, making good money. Last week she got a stimulus check, she figured it was because she is getting SS. This week we got another check, made out to both of us. Makes no sense at all.
All about universal basic income... It's similar in concept to a dealer... gotta' get you hooked long enough on the supply so you won't want it taken away...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts