Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,026 Posts
If it’s an obsolete model, you might be SOL.

I have a very old tele- handler, company was bought out and discontinued the unit I have, so there is exactly zero information about it available.

Even a call to the new manufacturer was no use.

Fortunately it has a Clark transmission and a Cummins 4bt engine, so I can work on those, but I spent days trying to find other parts for it, till I discovered that it uses 1978 Ford F 800 parts for virtually everything else. :blink:

·
Artist and not a curator
10,609 Posts
Anyone know any specs on these?
I cant find anything online

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Theres a machinery forum I joined after I had bought a mystery bobcat. It had the original enhine changed and the serial number was gone. No way to know unless you knew the machines.

They told me it was a Bobcat 975 (it was) and then I came here with that idea to the heavy iron guys and they agreed. Maybe go to heavy machinery forum, wish I knew the name of it. They had it right in like 2 guesses or less and knew all types of do's and donts with it...

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,026 Posts
Theres a machinery forum I joined after I had bought a mystery bobcat. It had the original enhine changed and the serial number was gone. No way to know unless you knew the machines.

They told me it was a Bobcat 975 (it was) and then I came here with that idea to the heavy iron guys and they agreed. Maybe go to heavy machinery forum, wish I knew the name of it. They had it right in like 2 guesses or less and knew all types of do's and donts with it...
Heavy equipment forums.com

I’ve tried to sign up there about ten times, and it won’t work

I’ve emailed the admin, and they never got back to me.

Hopefully you’ll have better luck. It’s a great forum

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Lull was bought out by JLG, and none built since 2004 or so...I have 3 of them, parts support is fine, and since you are looking at the older model, there should be no electronics or circuit boards....so everything you may have a problem with is not an issue. That model may have the Funk transmission....and if it goes to slipping like a witch, you can rebuild it yourself. Or put in the additive that "fixes" them...don't laugh, I have a 644 that has had the treatment twice, and it pulls fine until you get to hills.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
It's probably 5,000lb. It seems that Lull 800 series are 8,000 lb, & 1000 series are 10,000 lb. By that logic, a 500 model would be 5k.

The first forklift ( 1960's or so straight masted model Petibone) my brother bought that looked similar to that Lull. I'm pretty sure it was a 4k model. The later articulating masted models were 6k, up till the planetary axle models which were 8k. All together he had about 6 different models over the years.
You might be able to get a rating off the mast.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Lull was bought out by JLG, and none built since 2004 or so...I have 3 of them, parts support is fine, and since you are looking at the older model, there should be no electronics or circuit boards....so everything you may have a problem with is not an issue. That model may have the Funk transmission....and if it goes to slipping like a witch, you can rebuild it yourself. Or put in the additive that "fixes" them...don't laugh, I have a 644 that has had the treatment twice, and it pulls fine until you get to hills.
So is the model 644 6k lb?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Just a guess but it looks like it has 3 weight ratings based on height 18’ 22’ 30’
Can’t make out the 18’ rating. Looks like the 22’ is 2,250 lbs. 30’ is 1,500lbs

·
Registered
19 Posts
Damn is it snowy already there? I just put in some trees at my spec house. 70 degrees. In shorts drinking beer.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
That is the weight of the machine ready to go. Mine all have the weight stamped on the data plate like that. My oldest lift is the 644 Highlander II @ 24,000#, a 644 D 34 is the lightest at just over 20,000#, and our heaviest is a 644 B42 in at 25,000#...probably because it is a 3 stage boom instead of 2 stage.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,026 Posts
That is the weight of the machine ready to go. Mine all have the weight stamped on the data plate like that. My oldest lift is the 644 Highlander II @ 24,000#, a 644 D 34 is the lightest at just over 20,000#, and our heaviest is a 644 B42 in at 25,000#...probably because it is a 3 stage boom instead of 2 stage.
:thumbsup:

Yep my telehandler has a 10k rating retracted, 3500 at fully extended, and it weighs 24k.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,026 Posts
A lot of times the weight capacity will be on a sticker in the cab. :thumbsup:

The spec plate is usually the weight of the machine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts