1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Yeah looks like the stop is NC and the run is NO.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Brian,
I'm not familiar with setups for drives like yours, & I can't seem to get through to your Yasaka drive link.

All the stop/start switches I'm familiar with, are normally open, & close when you hit start. It's a small electro-magnetic contactor that holds the contacts closed, much like a starter/contactor. You press start to close contacts, press stop to break low voltage current to the magnetic contactor.

In answer to your question, you press to start, & press to stop.
Be sure to get the right voltage switch for the switch's contactor coil. I found a bunch of sites for that model start/stop on a Google search.

Joe

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I just looked up the switch part number, it should have NO/NC for both the stop and start. Use the NO Start to the RUN, and the NC Stop for the Stop.

Reactions: Railman

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I need some help here guys....

I did a 2 wire system on my other Yaskawa drive on my lathe. This model I have is different.

You know what switch I have,....if you look at page 21 it shows the run/stop terminals but I am a little miffed at how to hook this up....:blink:

There is a bridge in the switch from #1 of the stop terminal to #3 of the start terminal.

I will upload a picture.....just give a few minutes ....

I appreciate the help cause B is thoroughly confused....:blink:

Thanks gents...;)

B,

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here is the switch.....

The terminal as numbered on page 21 - 1,2,3,4...and so on reflect the terminals on the Yaskawa Drive.

B,

Attachments

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well,
I posted this over at the mother ship and got an answer . What confused me was the terminal hookup on the GDP 303 .

The non-jumper run terminal goes to 1 on the VFD.
The jumpered stop terminal goes to 2 on the VFD.
The non-jumpered stop terminal goes to 9 on the VFD.

Parameter 00 must be set to 09.
Parameter 32 must be set to 00.

I'll be hooking this up this morning and hopefully when I hit that start button my 88D will come alive. The way I had it before I was using the digital display for the controller , it worked great but wanted a dedicated start/stop to control the drive. I made an entire new VFD enclosure for the saw and took the one that was on it and modified a few things and transferred it over to the Oliver 117-A. I really like VFD's (if you didn't know already.:laughing:) to control my machines.....it's mixing old machinery with new technology......and then there is the LED lighting,:clap:..

I can't help it..:rolleyes:...:laughing:

Thanks for the help guys.. I do appreciate it.:thumbsup:

B,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts