Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we are looking for someone to supply level 1 granite and install on a new home. We are willing to pay 30.00 ln ft.
Should be ready in next week to week in half. We have the undermount sink.
please email you company name, your name and phone number to reach, along with what colors you have for this amount!
smaller kitchen not huge!!

• Compensation: 30.00 ln ft
  • This is a contract job.
So going rate is about 48 a SQ FT for entry level granite here in Knoxville. Now there is some China junk that can be gotten for 40 a foot BUT can fit most layouts. Yes please let me come and install for half the cost of the material

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
just out of curiosity... How would you measure a countertop in LN ft? Not trying to be smart, just never heard of it...
For this customer? ........ Measure all across the back at the splash... then run down one end (side)... now back across the front to the other end... and finish up by going on back to the starting point at the splash.

Oughtta work out out just about right. Tell 'em you charge by the lin foot for any edge that has a finish on it... be it splash, end, or nose.

Reactions: Mike Finley

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
just out of curiosity... How would you measure a countertop in LN ft? Not trying to be smart, just never heard of it...
In this area, (Chicago) granite is sold per job by the square foot. Other places may differ. Here the average bathroom vanity top is 22.5 inches deep and standard kitchen tops are 25.5 (1-1/2" overhangs)

Unless you are buying a pre-made and edged blank at standard sizes, you really have to use square feet which includes backsplash.

Linear feet are used here only for charging for upgraded edges like ogee.

As noted above, islands are a totally different story.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
I can have p-lam tops fabed for about 30 a lin ft. That is fob their shop. That is a long way from sitting on someone's kitchen cabs all nice and scribed in.

All stone is measured by the square ft here.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,978 Posts
I'd use the odometer on my truck when I go to the site to measure it. :laughing:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts