Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have over 25 years experience in plumbing/heating/air, but because I always worked for somebody else, trying to build an office seems quite complicated.
I came to this site looking for ideas, I already hired a company to manage my taxes and I just signed up for a dot com, but... where do I start?
Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
By Office I think you mean business, and you might want to start with getting things like a business license, insurance, permits, ect.

Before you go off hiring a bunch of people to take care of a bunch of different aspects, such as taxes and bookkeeping you may want to actually find some customers, or you will have 0 need for any of those people.

You need to put together things like a business and marketing plan, what do you want to do, how do you want to do it, ect.

A google search for things like starting a small business should return a wealth of knowledge.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you have the time, I enjoy listening to the videos and updates on plumberseo.net.

Have you considered subbing for another company to grab some small work? Till you build your business up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts