Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm a 20yr carpenter who has built hundreds of glass rooms, sloped and vertical glazing. I even developed a design that DOESN'T leak. :cheesygri ...Anyhow, it seems, in the 90s glass rooms lost thier consumer appeal, at least locally, for me. I would like to start building more of them and just wondered if anyone had info. If so e-mail me at [email protected]. thank you.
Bob

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will be a while before I could post pics, my imaging program is on the craps. but I will post them here as soon as it's repaired

I've built all kinds of rooms though, the best example's are the rooms you see often on Hardies or windy's. The consist of an all. strut system with a clamp type glazing, However I have built my own design also, that consist of a wood type glazing and caps in all. ext.. It's all pretty cool.........thats why I want back into it.
Bob

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think glass is underrated. The house I'm working on now had a nasty old porch with windows all the way around. We knocked out the wall to open the porch to the living room and replaced all the windows to update them, etc. The light is outstanding, the effect will sell the house for us, but the cost was a bit painful. I would have loved to complete the effect with skylights, but here in Michigan we say that a skylight has the R-value of a hole in the roof with a piece of cardboard taped over it. I think a three season greenhouse addition really opens a house to the rest of the lot. The property can be seen with much more value if one connects the outside to the inside in my humble opinion. Let's see those glass rooms!!!

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about some padio rooms I built.

Go to groups.msn.com/TheGlassHouseBarandGrill.

Got a few pics of me and the family too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts