Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi My name is Shiela,
I am new to ACI and have been asked to look into purchasing some new battery operated screw guns. It would be great if the battery pack can be used with other tools and have a long battery life. Any help here would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Unger.const said:
Uhhh.....do I see that is a corded tool? OP asked about battery powered!
That attachment fits many of Hilti corded and cordless screw guns. Just push two buttons and off it goes . Goes back on the same way

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Hi My name is Shiela,
I am new to ACI and have been asked to look into purchasing some new battery operated screw guns. It would be great if the battery pack can be used with other tools and have a long battery life. Any help here would be appreciated.
Need to know more about the tasks you want to use them with........

I have the tryex (senco)brand both corded and battery and they both do pretty good.

If I bought one today I would get the fusion senco model. Since the same batteries go with my two Fusion cordless nail guns (15ga and 18ga) those things rock by the way.

So here is my two cents depending on the projects you wish to use it with. Assuming you mean collated screw gun (self feeding type that use a strip of screws in similar fashion as a nail gun uses nails.)

Do you have a crew of misfits that don't care about how much things cost you & think they are entitled to use it as a hammer when the see a nail and are too lazy to grab the hammer out of their belt on their hip.............then any corded senco or ridged brand will do. The price is decent and the quality is above average........and since you'll be replacing them ever 4 to 6 months when the crew can't recall what job they left it on. Or the other guy had it last and now its missing. Or they used it for a game of teather ball during lunch break.

If its for someone who cares about quality then a high end hilti brand is recommended .

If the project is less then a room sized project per day. The battery powered senco or ridged will do.

If doing a house full of sheetrock or plywood then go corded as you will be chasing after batteries every half hour.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts