Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Stud
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like we will be out of work by Thanksgiving. I figured we would go until Christmas but a builder has decided to hold off on small commercial building & spec house.

It has been 15 years since we haven't worked at least until Christmas. There hasn't been much winter work besides plowing the last couple years. I've got to figure a way to drum up more work for next year. I don't think we can handle another year like this one. Looks like there will be plenty of time for repairs.

After turkey day bring on the snow.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Upchuck!

It took all the personal restraint I could muster to not push the "Vaporize This Post" button.

·
Contractor
7,671 Posts
Yep, I'm with Nick.

I hate snow, hate plowing it. Just hate it!

Maybe one day......I'll have enough money that I can sit home and just look at it from a warm chair next to the fireplace. But till then.....I hate it. :mad:

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
yeah, not a thing MORE fun in the world...than be laying on your back replacing a hydraulic hose in a target parking lot at 3 a.m. at -25 degrees F....

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Yep, I'm with Nick.

I hate snow, hate plowing it. Just hate it!

Maybe one day......I'll have enough money that I can sit home and just look at it from a warm chair next to the fireplace. But till then.....I hate it. :mad:
you, nick and i....need to go to southern arizona, or new mexico.....buy 40 acres and develop it in the winter months...get the HELL out of this freaking cold crap

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Forget snow!!! I have images of it in my drive = six foot snowbanks.

Right now I'm in a panick to get everything packed away before freez-up.

Hope I don't see snow till January. :clap:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts