Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, wanting to vinyl up the trailer.....and depending on how it goes....will move onto the truck next. Wifes saying it's too simple, I'm thinking it's almost too cluttered. Will be heavily detailed, this is just a quick sketchup plan. The saw blade will be that of a 12" miter saw dewalt blade, fine tooth, but without the name brand on it of course...

Any thoughts, opinions?

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
I agree too cluttered.

Lose the ruler & pencil.

Advertising/Lettering/Logos seems best when kept simple.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all, it is a 16' trailer. And newly licensed contractor, so no logos as of yet. Nailing all that down now. So whatever I do will end up being on cards, headers, back of trailer tailgate, etc....Really like the saw blade, threw the ruler and pencil in there to fill, but think they are too much myself. Really appreciate all the feedback. Will post up some others here over the weekend and add a poll for voting......

·
Registered
488 Posts
Will Joe and Mary bag of donuts know it's a saw blade when neither of them has ever seen one up close? Remember it's not other contractors you want to empress.

·
K&B Plus...
242 Posts
Try a hammer and nail instead of the sawblade. That's as simple a graphic as it gets for a construction business. It's more recognizable than a sawblade to customers as well.

One of the more successful local plumbers put his face on everything. His stuff is immediately recognizable, and it's built a sense of trust in the business because you see his face everywhere, like a friend. He has a wholesome guy next door look that inspires trust.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,225 Posts
A bit late chiming in on this, but IMO gratuitous tool illustrations are just distracting fluff.

Aside from text, which should be large and contrasting enough to be read easily with a quick glance, the only graphic you need is your logo if you have one. And that shouldn't be large enough to distract from the text.

I'd also add that unless very well done, a logo can actually hurt your image. I'd rather go without (and I do) than have a poorly done one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts