Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
30 yrs carpentry/drywall
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for remodeling/drywall work in the West Mi area

Commercial & residential interiors carpenter/drywall and renovation tech looking for sub-contract work in the west Michigan area. I have a fully equipped truck/tool trailer, liability insurance, and 20+ yrs in the trade/s.

Have been looking for steady (or even semi-steady) work for over a year to no avail.

Are there any contractors in W. MI wanting to sub out any interior remodeling/renovation and/or drywall work?

Let me know - Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ah Yes Wayne, I can relate to your post word for word. I'm ready to hit the road myself, but is there anywhere to go that has work??
I don't know what part of the country hasn't been hit by this lack of work. I'm in Ct, and the entire New England area is DEAD...........

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm in West Michigan too. Nothing going on here, but I did have a very busy spring and summer.

·
30 yrs carpentry/drywall
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah Yes Wayne, I can relate to your post word for word. I'm ready to hit the road myself, but is there anywhere to go that has work??
I don't know what part of the country hasn't been hit by this lack of work. I'm in Ct, and the entire New England area is DEAD...........
I'm not sure but I can tell you this much - MI doesn't have ANY work for a construction worker of any sort - it's worse than in the 80s recession - if things don't improve soon - I'm afraid I'll have to resort to sleeping under a bridge :w00t:

·
30 yrs carpentry/drywall
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm in West Michigan too. Nothing going on here, but I did have a very busy spring and summer.
Appreciate the info -

please keep me in mind if anything comes up - especially any drywall work or interiors work of any sort that you'd like to sub out - I'm looking to build new relationships with and provide service to local GC contractors (both residential and commercial).

Thanks

Wayne

·
30 yrs carpentry/drywall
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What kind of interior work did/ do you do?? Do you have ins?
Commercial & residential interiors carpenter/drywall and renovation tech. I have a fully equipped truck/tool trailer, liability insurance, and 20+ yrs in the trade/s.

Drywall/plaster
Acoustical Ceilings/wall panels
Trim Carpentry
Counter/Cabinet installs
FRP board
Specialty Bead/molding installer (fry reglet - expansion, crown, etc.)
Doors/Windows
Commercial Fixtures
Wood flooring install/refinish
VOC Tile, Vinyl
Wood/metal framing
light plumbing/elec
and more

Need any help? Jobs to sub out?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I have a 1 1/2"x 5" reclaimed tongue and groove floor (it's been denailed and kissed w/ a planer to clean everything). It's about 800 sq ft. The floor will be visible in the lower level as a ceiling. It's going on 2x10's w/ 2' spacing. I've never done it before so I'm looking for someone who has to work w/ me on it. I think I'm about a month out from starting it...

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I lost it to someone that bid it for $700.00 :eek:!! It was 1000 sq feet :no:! I was at about $1500.00 for the install! If you want, PM me your contact info and maybe we could get together and I'll keep you in mind on the next project (God willing, we both live in MI!).

·
User
31 Posts
Commercial & residential interiors carpenter/drywall and renovation tech looking for sub-contract work in the west Michigan area. I have a fully equipped truck/tool trailer, liability insurance, and 20+ yrs in the trade/s.

Have been looking for steady (or even semi-steady) work for over a year to no avail.

Are there any contractors in W. MI wanting to sub out any interior remodeling/renovation and/or drywall work?

At this point I'm about to go bankrupt due to the lack of work in MI (and lowball hacks cut-throating what work there is). :help:

Let me know - Thanks

Good luck on your quest!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts