Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any pictures or suggestions for a detail that I could use over a front door which I just built a Portico over with an eliptical beadboard ceiling??

The original plan was to just side it with the Hardieplank thats on the rest of the house, but I saw a couple of loneframers sunburst details and it got me thinking.

Can you even do a sunburst with Hardie as its not tapered??

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
ask loneframer, he is the KING of pictures:thumbsup:

what can you say tho? the man loves his work...

(i guess it's not too shabby...:whistling)

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Anybody have any pictures or suggestions for a detail that I could use over a front door which I just built a Portico over with an eliptical beadboard ceiling??

The original plan was to just side it with the Hardieplank thats on the rest of the house, but I saw a couple of loneframers sunburst details and it got me thinking.

Can you even do a sunburst with Hardie as its not tapered??
As much as I would like to take credit for the sunbursts on my thread, they actually belong to Tomstruble.:notworthyI do however, have a couple ideas that you can build from.:thumbsup:

Attachments

Reactions: Tom Struble

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
I really like that entry in the second pic. Very elegant. :thumbup:
Thanks. The other pic is the closet that houses my HVAC equipment. I didn't expect rave reviews on that one, but threw it in for the hell of it.:whistling

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Second pic is very nice, but the scale is too large for this project. Its only a single 3'0 door with a 6 foot elipse over it. I'll grab a pic tommorrow and post it to stir your imagination

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
It'll get the rave when the half-moon shows up. :whistling
Yeah, I did drop the ball on that one didn't I? As soon as we get a dry weekend, the stucco will get painted. Maybe that will inspire me to get crackin' on the outhouse door.:laughing: You have my word, it will happen.:thumbsup:

Reactions: Tinstaafl

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Second pic is very nice, but the scale is too large for this project. Its only a single 3'0 door with a 6 foot elipse over it. I'll grab a pic tommorrow and post it to stir your imagination
Just thought I'd throw in a few more Azek surrounds for inspiration.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
Yeah, I did drop the ball on that one didn't I? As soon as we get a dry weekend, the stucco will get painted. Maybe that will inspire me to get crackin' on the outhouse door.:laughing: You have my word, it will happen.:thumbsup:
WTF is that? LOL....looks like a ghetto tree house:laughing:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
WTF is that? LOL....looks like a ghetto tree house:laughing:
Beotch, say what? That's where I live.:mad: I was always told to buy the biggest POS on the block, so I did.:w00t: It appraised for twice what I paid for it before I remodeled the kitchen, bath and installed vinyl siding. I can live with that.:thumbup:

Attachments

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
OMG...:notworthy I apologize... Just as i thought I was getting a sense of humor I go and put my foot in my mouth.

Sh!t.... I'm sorry!

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
OMG...:notworthy I apologize... Just as i thought I was getting a sense of humor I go and put my foot in my mouth.

Sh!t.... I'm sorry!
No offense taken. I found a small house with a large garage in a good neighborhood for a great price. It was a godsend to me as I was going through an ugly divorce with limited funds.
I had the 2500 sq. ft. dreamhouse that I designed and built myself. It was the worst 2 1/2 years of my life. Funny how you find peace and happiness in the most unlikely places.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wish my garage was half that size. Tired of wheeling the machines around in there when I want to use them.

I think if you paint the stucco, the house will really come together. Some cultured stone over the stucco on the front might be an idea as well.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
I wish my garage was half that size. Tired of wheeling the machines around in there when I want to use them.

I think if you paint the stucco, the house will really come together. Some cultured stone over the stucco on the front might be an idea as well.
Painter is coming tomorrow to splash on some paint. I'd love to do the whole 1st floor with ledgestone, but it's not fiscally responsible at the present time.:sad:

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
im still amazed at how you transformed the front of the old garage
into a thing of beauty

your an incredible craftsman Mr.Lone framer you should be very proud:notworthy

the door heads and the corner pilasters blend beautifully with the
architrave? [is that rite TomR?]

very nice work my friend:thumbsup:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
im still amazed at how you transformed the front of the old garage
into a thing of beauty

your an incredible craftsman Mr.Lone framer you should be very proud:notworthy

the door heads and the corner pilasters blend beautifully with the
architrave? [is that rite TomR?]

very nice work my friend:thumbsup:
Your words are much appreciated Tom.;) This project has taken the back burner for awhile, due to the passing of my father. I still have a few details that I want to get completed before winter sets in. I also owe Tin a crescent moon before it can be deemed complete.:whistling

1 - 17 of 17 Posts