Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a remodeling contractor looking for a new plumber for my projects. I'm located in central DuPage county in Illinois. You need to be licensed and insured. Must know what your doing and reliable. If you are going to charge residential rates don't bother replying. I do several bathroom remodels each year as well as other projects requiring the need for a professional plumber. Contact Dan at [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
I was about to move your thread to the appropriate section but one of the other mods beat me to it!:laughing:

I'm having the exact same issue. I lost my plumber about 6 months ago to a service company and am also looking for one. PM me if you find a good one.

PM me if you need a licensed electrician. My hub is Naperville and closely surrounding suburbs.

·
Registered
667 Posts
[QUOTE=igwood;2068068You need to be licensed and insured. Must know what your doing and reliable. If you are going to charge residential rates don't bother replying. I do several bathroom remodels each year as well as other projects requiring the need for a professional plumber.

I am confused here? I am not from your state, and do not know the rules/regulations/etc.! BUT you want a licensed/insured/professional plumber, that DOESN'T charge residential rates??

WTF is the difference here?? In my home town, a plumber that is a Master, with license, can do all of it, Residential of Commercial, just need to a file a plan with the county, permit thing pay the fee, and go from there! Correct me if I am wrong here the Burg' guys!

UNLESS you are doing plumbing in your OWN HOUSE, owned by you, live in it all well, THEN you can do your own plumbing, BUT still need to get a plan/permit!

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,916 Posts
I am confused here? I am not from your state, and do not know the rules/regulations/etc.! BUT you want a licensed/insured/professional plumber, that DOESN'T charge residential rates??
It has nothing to do with regulations. He figures that you should give him a price break because he'll have several jobs for you during the year. Youbetcha.

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
It has nothing to do with regulations. He figures that you should give him a price break because he'll have several jobs for you during the year. Youbetcha.
Once again I use will use a 480 Sparky saying. I'll give you a great deal on the tenth one we do together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts