Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Master Blaster!
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a little help on an epoxy floor coatings job on an air hanger. We have been in the coatings business for a few years but mostly fuel tanks and industrial steel products. Is there a good resource tool for information on epoxy coatings. The specs require grinding the floor, acid wash, crack seal and then top coat epoxy. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I did a 27,000 square foot warehouse job last year for fifty cents a square foot, labor only and came out beautiful. It was an insurance job and they had people clean the floor in front of me, the only thing we did was roll, roll and roll.

The situation you're getting in seems a bit more tricky, I would recommend that you use Tile Clad from SW. It's pretty incredible and sticks to damn near anything. It's a two part epoxy that you mix together and let stand for twenty minutes before applying. I can say with confidence that one coat is all you need, this stuff goes on very thick and two coats would be overkill and a waste of money.

I don't think acid washing would hurt anything, it's got to be cleaned regardless. They cleaned that warehouse floor with hot water and degreaser, worked out great. If you're buying materials and prepping, it's probably worth 1.25 -1.60 a square foot, ballparking type figure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts