Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

My name is Alai Chen, from Singapore and currently living in Amsterdam The Netherlands. A Chinese manufacturer of metal cornerbeads has asked me to do some research for possible clients in the USA. The company has been succesfully exporting the beads to The Netherlands and Spain in Europe from early 2005. We have been working close with our clients ever since and have build a solid and reliable reputation. Now we are convinced that the quality and price of their products can benefit businesses in America aswell.

I have made this introduction intentionally short to prervent annoyance with a lengthy description of our business. More information can and will be provided to those who are interested. Now, here comes my question :

Could anyone please be kind to provide me names of reputable distributors of drywall accessories / metal corner beads? I know there are a lot of professional contractors with broad knowledge here and sincerely hope they can help me.

Below is a URL to an image
home.planet.nl/~chen2018/images/IMG_3006.JPG
Thickness: 1 MM
Material: Hot Dipped Galvanized steel, zinc 275g/m2
Length: 1500 MM - 3000 MM
4.92 FT - 9.84 FT

Thank you very much for your time,
Alai Chen

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
We all love Chinese drywall products. :clap:
Especially those of us in Florida! :shifty:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you for your information Neolitic,

The defective Chinese Drywall was, for the most part, produced by Knauf, said MSNBC. Knauf Plasterboard Tianjin Co. Ltd. of China maintains that its defective Chinese Drywall is safe and homeowner damage must be from some other source.
In this case the manufacturer is a German construction multinational, with a subsidiary in Tianjin city. Apparently you missed their involvement in the production process and demonize Chinese goods in general.

Your post contains unconstructive sarcasm which has absolutely nothing to do with whatsoever in this thread. The only link you seem to be making is that the word Chinese appear in both this thread and the article you posted.

I do not intent to tutor you but perhaps it would be a good idea not to be shortsighted and distance yourself from "A couple rotten apples spoil the entire harvest" behaviour.

-Alai

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
I do not intend to tutor you,
but perhaps you miss the idea
that until the wild west, lazie faire
attitude toward quality control
is brought in check, many of us won't
be willing to stake our reputations
on your products.

It also seems prudent at this time
(especially) to spend my money in
the local economy, whence my income
is derived.

You seem like another guy who'd
like to just pop in here and re-write
forum rules and etiquette, to suit yourself,
rather than try to fit in while you
attempt to exploit the membership.

Have a nice day. :thumbup:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Anything that is linked to china were not intersted in, such as- 1.Communism 2.Sarrs 3.Baby Formula 4.Drywall 5.Kids toys with lead based paint. Just to name a few. And sorry, but unconstructive sarcasm is very welcome here. If it wasn't we wouldn't have all of these....:party::stupid::chinese::tank::hang:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
on your products.
Hello Neolitic,

I understand that this is your choice and respect your opinion. This is an open forum and read by thousands different business oriented visitors. It is them, those with a more realistic view and understand the complexity of international trade, that this thread is trying to reach.

is derived.
This is completely irrelevant.

Have a nice day. :thumbup:
I am just an ordinary person who happen to come across this website and trying to utilize it's potential by asking a question politely. There's no re-writing of rules or exploiting unless it is prohibited to ask questions.

Somehow I do get the ichy feeling that you have some prejudice(s) and therefore makes discussing with you pointless.

Maybe I should rephrase my question to make it less prone to misunderstanding. It appears that certain readers are thinking that I am trying to sell goods directly. This is a misinterpretation. I still have the positive feeling that a kind person will name distributors of metal cornerbeads, with whom they enjoyed doing business with. We will contact them by ourself. Our products comply to all relevant industry standards and we are a proud producer.

-Alai Chen

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Hello Neolitic,

I understand that this is your choice and respect your opinion. This is an open forum and read by thousands different business oriented visitors. It is them, those with a more realistic view and understand the complexity of international trade, that this thread is trying to reach.
The problem is that I do understand. :thumbsup:
is derived.
This is completely irrelevant.
My income and it's source
is very relevant to me.

I am just an ordinary person who happen to come across this website and trying to utilize it's potential by asking a question politely. There's no re-writing of rules or exploiting unless it is prohibited to ask questions.

Somehow I do get the ichy feeling that you have some prejudice(s) and therefore makes discussing with you pointless.
No prejudices, but definitely have
preferences.

Maybe I should rephrase my question to make it less prone to misunderstanding. It appears that certain readers are thinking that I am trying to sell goods directly. This is a misinterpretation. I still have the positive feeling that a kind person will name distributors of metal cornerbeads, with whom they enjoyed doing business with. We will contact them by ourself. Our products comply to all relevant industry standards and we are a proud producer.

-Alai Chen

·
Registered
117 Posts
on your products.

is derived.

Have a nice day.
:clap:
Very Well Done, but in in layman's terms he's trying to say...PHUCK YOU & THE CHINESE :censored:

·
Butt Expert
278 Posts
I wonder if they have to tie two sets of stilts together to reach an eight foot ceiling?
How many four by eight sheets does it takes to rock a modern house in China?

Chinese corner bead. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I dont mind buying Chineese at all. If youre talking about party supplies, fireworks, oragami hats, paintings of dragons, or undershirts.

Car parts and building supplies I try to steer clear of. I respect chineese persons as well as all nationalities, just not their child labor, lead based, mass produced junk. Which may or may not contain melamine and rat poison.

When I think Drywall, I would never associaite with it the word Chineese.

·
Registered
175 Posts
This guy was over on Drywall Talk as well. I won't repeat my post there but wonder if this Chinese bead is gonna be as bogus as Chinese drytite nails. Inferior to Tree Island, head splits like a four leaf clover and tears the paper. Mine is not a protectionist viewpoint, but haven't yet seen a Chinese construction product yet that passes muster.

Okay, I will repeat it. Alai, You can kiss our collective arses.

·
Profit is not dirty.
487 Posts
Sorry guys, but i have a problem with this guy, it takes us forever to export our goods, lumber and other materials into thier markets, and if they dont want them they let them sit on the dock untill they go bad, and dont except the shipment. So now they want to come to our market with metal corner bead, that no one knows about, and it seems to me and its my opinion that they seem to be a bit behind the times...metal corner bead to some extent is not used anymore, paper or is the replacement. but that is just were i live.

But it really gets to me when they expect us to give them a chance, when they close the door on us for other goods.

J

·
Registered
175 Posts
True, but did you know the big status symbol in China is a big black Buick? There is a GM plant over in China, last I heard it couldn't keep up with demand. But that was a year ago.

Hope you do okay with paperface bead. Tried it a few years ago and hated it. Tapers love it because it goes on fast, but had a lot of warranty work behind it. Sticking with metal and sewing it on with 1/4" crown air stapler. Once its mesh-taped and finished it's almost impossible to pull it off.

·
Profit is not dirty.
487 Posts
have you tried no coat bead...i find it works awesome, and if you go to their website, and read the warrantee, it covers quite a bit .

·
Registered
175 Posts
No on the No-Coat brand, but on USG Paper faced had soooo much trouble am now gun-shy. And I tried EVERYTHING from all-purpose to quick-set and nothing helped. But isure see a lot of guys using it, I just can't afford the call backs. No-Coat on off angles -- I detest the stuff. It's great if you don't have to warranty it. I think that because it's so non-porous (vinyl?) that mud doesn't really stick to it. Specifically, our trouble is that later on (12 month) it seems to turn loose in the center, letting that rigid part fall out and creates an additional plane like a chamfer in the angle. The edges stay adhered but the vinyl strip in the middle unfolds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am not "yet" aware of the latest bead tendencies in the states but metal is far far away from out of fashion here in Europe. That is taking the climate difference in consideration.

The reason why my simple question got unintentionally involved with some childish generalisation remains unknown to me :no:. My opinion and many many other satisfied and silent consumers aswell, definately show the contradictory. Let's not forget the econimical factors aswell, such as decline in PPP after inflation correction if the goods were not being produced in Asia.

Nevertheless,
Eventhough it has been far from purposeful, I would still like to thank you guys for your input.

-
Alai

1 - 20 of 22 Posts