Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm hoping a composite deck expert can provide a little guidance.

I bought a house a few months back at the NJ shore. It has a small deck that is covered with a reddish/burgundy composite decking. The same decking covers a small bulkhead wall.

It was built around 2012-13 ... my best guess.
The boards measure 5-7/16" x 15/16"
There doesn't appear to be any grain in the boards -- like the current products available.

I've attached a couple of pics for reference. Note the white paper, black wire, and bright green wire tie in the background to help orient for color correctness.
This sample was partially buried in a side yard, so it's been exposed to the elements like the rest of the decking.

I need to replace some of the boards so I'm looking for a close match. But honestly I know zero about composite.

Does anyone know who may have produced this decking?
Does anyone have recommendations on a reasonable match (manufacturer)?
Or a recommendation on a nice color that might compliment these existing boards? i.e. re-use a bunch of existing boards with XYZ color from ABC manufacturer? burgundy and gray might look nice?

Thanks for your time
John

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,729 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.