Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good site to find used equipment. At this point in particular I'm looking for an S70 Bobcat. I've been using craigslist and ebay and a local equipment dealer website. Some I spoke to found a hammer for a similar bobcat in NY so he drove there to get in (I'm in Chicago) but he ended up saving about 6k. He said he didn't remember where he found it so just wanted to ask around if anyone knew of any good dealers/sites?
Thanks

·
Project Superintendent
2,525 Posts
Contact your local United Rentals sales rep and he can put you on their monthly email list of used equipment for sale. Thousands of pieces nationwide. Just keep in mind it's been rode hard.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Check out the heavy equipment forums, too.

·
Been around
1,151 Posts
To save big pretty much means you have to be right on top of a deal and it will be private party seller or auction.

Both of these are without warranty so you should be familiar enough with the equipment you seek to be able to make your own evaluation.

So you can dedicate a time slot to CL searches on a regular basis, using the other CL locations near you as well. Or you can use something like adhunt'r which used to be allofcraigslist. this will give you tools to search a broad area for your particular key word(s).

If it's a real bargain it won't be up for long. There are thousands of people looking for deals all of the time.

While adhunt'r works pretty well, it's a little cumbersome to sort through. It doesn't always give you all of the results either. That's why I search the CLs that are geographically proximate to my area as well.

There are sites like machinerytrader and rockanddirt and equipmenttraderonline, but these are mostly dealer ads. Might be a good source to evaluate pricing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts