Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a paranoid homeowner that wants a form of some sort of contract between her and I that nobody will make an insurance claim against her or her property in the case of an accident. Apparently someone tried before and even though I am fully insured she wants one. If anyone has anything I would appreciate it....Thanks in advance.

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
I have used this before, rarely, but in instances like your case, to satify the HO fears or worries.

Waiver and Release of Homeowner by Contractor before starting work.

The "contractor" James Crow - Crow Contracting Co. releases the property owner from any and all liability, and acknowledges the risks associated with the construction.
The "contractor" assumes all responsibility and waives any claims he may have with respect to injury, damage or loss resulting from the performance of the work.

Respectfully submitted by James Crow - Crow Contracting Co.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I have a paranoid homeowner that wants a form of some sort of contract between her and I that nobody will make an insurance claim against her or her property in the case of an accident. Apparently someone tried before and even though I am fully insured she wants one. If anyone has anything I would appreciate it....Thanks in advance.

Certain rights can't be waived. It would not be worth the paper or ink to write one.
But, to get the contract, make something up!!!:eek:

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
you could add a "hold harmless" clause that would make you fully responsible for any and all legal claims/damages including legal costs.

The number one issue here is liability and workmens compensation insurances. She wants to insure she is not on the hook.

·
Banned
306 Posts
Framer 53, hit it right on. Anything you put in a contract, is just a hurdle. Lawyers can jump over these clauses, that's how they make a living.

But the more hurdles you put into place, the harder the lawyer has to work.... poor guy...

If the lady has home owner's insurance... I bet they have some sort of "hold harmless" agreement.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, apreciate all the responses and input. This customer has definatly been burned before she is actually going to physically meet my two of my past customers to check out the way the projects went and so on. Crazy.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts