Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking For a Cheap Work Van Chevy, Ford, Or Dodge Full Size
Or an Extended Chevy Astro White or Black 1993 and up.

In or around Atlanta - Acworth GA

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
CarFax is a great tool as well.

Someone told me once that it was cheaper for him to buy a grey/blue/black van and paint it white than to just buy a white van. I guess the resale value of white vans is higher since everyone uses them as work trucks.

Seems like a pain to me but I just thought I would mention it.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Nathan said:
CarFax is a great tool as well.
In 2002 I bought a brand new Cadillac, a few months later I was rear ended resulting in a $25,000 repair bill. Insurance paid, the car was folded like an accordion, really a mess, 3 months to fix.

I sold it in late 2004, but first paid for a CarFax to see what they said. They said "Clean, no known accidents". I showed the CarFax to the new buyer, he was very impressed!

CarFax *is* a great tool!

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
Romex Racer said:
In 2002 I bought a brand new Cadillac, a few months later I was rear ended resulting in a $25,000 repair bill. Insurance paid, the car was folded like an accordion, really a mess, 3 months to fix.

I sold it in late 2004, but first paid for a CarFax to see what they said. They said "Clean, no known accidents". I showed the CarFax to the new buyer, he was very impressed!

Scary stuff right there.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
Romex Racer said:
but first paid for a CarFax to see what they said. They said "Clean, no known accidents". I showed the CarFax to the new buyer, he was very impressed!

I had the same experience. I bought the CarFax "membership" for a short spell while car shopping. For laughs, I looked up my wife's van, which had the whole driver's side torn up and took a couple months to fix. The CarFax report in my case also said "no known accidents". I'm not really sure how they get their information, but it also said that the van was part of a rental fleet, but we bought it brand new with maybe 20 miles on it. As far as I know, she's never rented it to anyone. :D

Go figure.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I would think that Atlanta would have at least one place that deals in service vehicles. We have 2 and the county pop. is only 140K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts