Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Nice work!

I got mine 5 years ago and it's no longer in wearable condition. Also got another hat for taking the technology test but gave that hat to an old worker, looked more like a hat for a woman roofer!

You can take the test online or you can call them and request the test be mailed to you.

When I took the test again some 5 years ago took the technology test, applicator, and wizard test. Ended up with two hats and a polo shirt.

If you read through the test and take your time it's not that hard.

A good friend of mine a GC has taken every CT test and is a five star in all areas. He didn't get one question wrong! He's a real smart guy, sometimes too smart...

·
YUUUUP!
1,054 Posts
got bored and took the shingle applicator and flintlastic applicator test. should be getting my certificates and "hats" in the mail sometime. but who knows when? lol i will probably forgot about them and they will show up in the mail 4 years from now

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
got bored and took the shingle applicator and flintlastic applicator test. should be getting my certificates and "hats" in the mail sometime. but who knows when? lol i will probably forgot about them and they will show up in the mail 4 years from now
It was about a week for me

·
YUUUUP!
1,054 Posts
i got my two certificates and two hats in the mail. doing a Johns Mansville RhinoBond TPO job going to sport some of the GAF stuff to try and get free JM stuff out of the Rep that is coming.. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
18,541 Posts
I can't read it :nerd:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Just get a good vendor and salesman. I did a few of the silly tests and some of the prac classes. It's better than just buying a certificate like GAF does, but for most real contractors, the tests are kinda silly.(Then again, I didn't just start a business out of the blue. I learned from a Pro).
I have hats, shirts, button downs, jackets, etc. They'll even give you decals if you want. It's a sales gimmick. Nice stuff though and I appreciate it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts