Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No sense posting here, there are too amny idiots who just want to piss on your good fortune.

I deleted the original post because it served no purpose.

MZ-HANDYMAN

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Hey guys,
Look what I got for $5 at the Flea Market. The guy twisted his hand like turning a knob and said "It doesn't do nothing! Gimme eight dollars!" Well i knew the only knobs that twist are the pressure and the Prime/Spray knobs, So, I took a chance and said. "I'll give you 5 bucks and go play with it in my garage."

My wife kept shaking her head because the handle was all rusty and the sprayer itself including the wheels were all covered with old thick paint. Not to mention it had no hose or sprayer. Oh yeah, the On/Off switch was all covered with thick paint and I don't think he knew it had an On/Off switch. (I did!)

I figured the wheels were worth the 5 bucks if it didn't work.

Man, I should have took a picture of it before I spent a couple hours cleaning it and painting the cart and wheels.

Well before I even plugged it in I took off all the hoses and connectors cleaned and replaced them (They had no paint in them) and whats funny is the only filter this thing has (That I found) is the screen at the end of the intake hose, I guess you can count the one in the gun handle too?! (If it had one)

I turned the pressure knob all the way down switched the Prime/Spray knob to the Up/Dn position. Set the hoses in some warm soapy water and flicked the switch.... Sure enough it primed right up, well kinda since there was no hose it kind of sputtered and dribbled throught the hose hook-up till I plugged it with my finger. and the primer tube started spitting away.

I hooked up a short hose with a pressure gauge that went to 200 or so and started turning up the pressure knob and it just flicked right up to the max on the gauge almost instantly.

That was proof enough it was working. Anyone got a Hose and Gun for sale?!

THE REST OF THE PICTURES: http://www.contractortalk.com/members/mz-handyman-48662/albums/random-junk/

Thanks for looking!
MZ-HANDYMAN

Reactions: willworkforbeer

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
No trip to Climax on this road. :laughing:

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
No sense posting here, there are too amny idiots who just want to piss on your good fortune.

MZ-HANDYMAN

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

MZ-HANDYMAN

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

MZ-HANDYMAN

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

MZ-HANDYMAN

1 - 20 of 78 Posts