Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If they haven't already been brought up here...

---> Hardcore Hammers <---
"Made in The USA." :clap:

Looks like they have some really nice pieces.

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm definitely going to pick up a few. Again, to support them.
They have some nice distressed looking handles too.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Looks nice but I don't want to be the guy with a hammer that says hardcore. Sort of like I don't want dead on stuff with a skull on it. It just seems tacky to me, a better name and I'd be sold.

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Looks nice but I don't want to be the guy with a hammer that says hardcore. Sort of like I don't want dead on stuff with a skull on it. It just seems tacky to me, a better name and I'd be sold.
I don't think I have ever let appearance effect my tool purchase.

Cole

·
Super Moderator
23,766 Posts
The waffle face is recessed?
That is too weird.
What happens if you hit a 16d between the waffle face and the rim?

Andy.
or just on that shiny milled rim....:no::laughing:

Them Hart hammers I used when I worked for a living were the cats arse...:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Accidental Painter
2,292 Posts
pizalm said:
Really? Everyone loves my Dead On Annhilator demo hammer. Really love using it to demo floors. It just feels manly and makes ya do a Tim Allen grunt.

The hammer pictured looks like another cool one to add to the collection. (Currently @ 20 hammers)

·
Palisade Point Const.
2,276 Posts
They carry them at the local tool store. I'm not crazy about waffle faces, but the smooth face/ ax handle swings real nice (and that's coming from someone that is used to a Tibone). Not bad prices either, at least on the smooth faces. It's 19 oz, which I don't really have a need for, but I might get one anyways.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Cole82 said:
I don't think I have ever let appearance effect my tool purchase.

Cole
If I have a choice between two of the same tools and they functioned the same as each other but one had a name like hardcore or had a tacky graphic like a skull. I'll take the run of the mill one. Just my preference, if the one with a skull on it worked better I would have to take it.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
I'm not a nail banger per say but never really thought a waffle head was so important to drive nails. Do all carps go for the waffle head?

As a matter of fact hammers for drywall always had waffle heads. The roofer hatchet had brutal waffles. hit your thumb with that one when it;s new and you're in trouble.

I always thought as long as the head was flat it was still good for driving nails. A bit rounded and it was time for a new one.

Thanks for the video Chewy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts