Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a call from a homeowner that wanted an estimate on a patio awning. He said he was going to tear down his existing deck and already had a contractor starting the new deck next week.
Check out the deck he is tearing down. He said he added joist hangers to it when he bought the house.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
That is awesome! I seen awesome before, that is the most awesome of awesome!!!! Never mind the 3 mile span - the beams running parallel with the joists is world class!!!!!

"I've 2 x 8 joists and I'm putting in 6 x 6 with double 2 x 8's for beams" That would sound pretty good to anyone. Who would assume this is what was meant?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That is awesome! I seen awesome before, that is the most awesome of awesome!!!!
lol...I thought the same thing. I had to get pictures...lol

I was in Florida last week and stopped at a Florist Shop. As I was sitting at the table waiting for my order I looked up at the ceiling.
You cant get any more ******* then this...best way to fix a leaky roof...lol

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
lol...I thought the same thing. I had to get pictures...lol

I was in Florida last week and stopped at a Florist Shop. As I was sitting at the table waiting for my order I looked up at the ceiling.
You cant get any more ******* then this...best way to fix a leaky roof...lol

They need to water the flowers ?

·
Registered
Remodel
29,619 Posts
There are plenty of old school decks and porches around here with the decking run out from the building. You just have to do the beams different:whistling

·
General Contractor
8,051 Posts
Amazing, and they wonder why people end up bellow... and we have deal with all the BS and all the specialty brackets, and all that other good stuff because of A$$holes who build decks like that :censored:

·
Head Light Bulb Changer
847 Posts
Nothing wrong with that deck OR the stairs. It's got a beam under it, so what's the issue? :laughing: Sometimes I need a good laugh...Thanks!

You cant get any more ******* then this
What's wrong with a little red (or silver) in your repairs? It ain't leaking on the customers, is it? :laughing:

·
Registered
996 Posts
When people call me to look at stuff normally I have to look a little maybe get a flashlight get a little dirty crawling around. Seriously what would you do if you got the call and saw that. I think I would just fall over laughing. Might not be appropriate but what else can you do.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts