Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Dave here from northern Indiana. I'm fairly green in the trades. Been working (not just a van driver) with an Amish crew for a little over 3yrs now. I have learned a lot but still have a ways to go. I have plans to break out on my own one day (don't all laborers) but I am not quite ready for that. Thanks to ct I have learned there are certain goals I need to meet before I do that. Most being financial. Just wanted to say hello and thanks for collecting all of this knowledge and experience into one place for guys like me to learn from. Hopefully someday I can repay the favor.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm 35. Divorced and remarried. 2 wonderful daughters. Worked in the family retail store and was ready for a change. Always been mechanically inclined and into cars but don't like wrenching for a living (tried that for a while too) A friend hooked me up with the Amish I sub for now and I have been soaking it in like a sponge.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I'm 35. Divorced and remarried. 2 wonderful daughters. Worked in the family retail store and was ready for a change. Always been mechanically inclined and into cars but don't like wrenching for a living (tried that for a while too) A friend hooked me up with the Amish I sub for now and I have been soaking it in like a sponge.

What's is like working with the Amish? I am curious to know.

And what is with my last post? It's like it turned the word share in to an advertisement. I don't recall giving my permission to do this on my post :blink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like it a lot. There are good ones and there are bad ones. I got lucky. I got a good group. They are workers for sure. But if your honest and respectful to them they are more than gracious to return the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I plan to. I have already learned a lot here. There is a huge combined wealth of knowledge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts