Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's coming to the end of a very, very long day. I've been up since 6:00 a.m. finishing some obelisk planters for the display at the trade show we are in this coming weekend. Then I spent the rest of the day helping set-up 3 different booths. It was for the Canadian Home Workshop Magazine Trade Show here in Toronto.

Our booths look awesome and we're looking forward to getting a lot of exposure and fresh leads :Thumbs:

The most frustrating part about the whole day was watching all the tool manufacturers setting up their booths - it was a contractor's wet dream!!! :eek:

Terry out!

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I love being a part of trade shows. it's fun to show off your professionalism and education to people who are eager to hear it.
You can relly set yourself apart even without a super high end booth.

And it's nice to walk around when you have the time too.

Does anyone mingle with the competition at their booths?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
DecksEtc said:
Well, it's coming to the end of a very, very long day. I've been up since 6:00 a.m.
Soounds like my typical day. I wake up at least two hours before my firs tappointment and I stay up until I can keep my eyes open. Today was an easy day of office work, phone calls and house cleaning.

yesterday was repairs and estimates. Tomorrow is repairs ALL DAY. 7 am first appointment, so that means 5 am alarm clock call. I have a scheduled appointment with my window sales man at my office at 5:30. That means I won't be off duty till at least 7:30.

See ya guys tomorrow!

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Lightweights! Up at 5-5:30 AM and down at 2-3 PM. Still not enough time. I may give up sleep all together. Power naps are supposed to work.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
You guys blow. I get up at 10:00 am, watch Oprah and Judge Judy then go the job site, move my tools around a bit, scratch myself for awhile then notice it is lunch time, go eat, go to a couple of strip bars, go look at some new tools then try to get back to the job site no later than 3:00 so I can get at least a good solid hour in of moving the project forward, then notice that it is after 4:00 and its time to get the hell out of there before the owners get home and start asking questions. Try a work day like that! It can be so stressful I am thinking of taking a few days off next week.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mike, I just don't believe you, LOL! Your like me, you would miss too many opportunities to meet new sales contacts waking up at 10:00. But there would probably be some heavy hitters in the lunch crowd at the strip bar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts