Votes: 10 43.5%

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Neither, waiting for 3rd concept

Votes: 4 17.4%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Although both designs are really nice, I feel that the second one has the qualities of a strong company. The first one is to generic in the logo world and the swooshes (to me) represent weakness and insecurity.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I think #1 is unconventional and pretty. The image conveys creativity and makes me think 'design'.
I think #2 is conventional and masculine. The image conveys strength and makes me think 'construct'.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I agree with Pipe that's why I choose #1. Your primary function is design? If so #1 is your best bet.

I think Bro's is over thinking things again in regards to weakness and insecurity (see other post http://www.contractortalk.com/showthread.php?t=3159 ). While I am not an expert on these things I don't think "weakness" or "insecurity" when I see the logo. I think "creativity" and like Pipe said "design".

Not trying to start an argument but that's my opinion.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
My impressions if asked to imagine the companies attached to the 2 logos -

1st logo - company that is well managed, imaginative, creative, might be a design/builder but somebody who is not "old school", somebody who would work well with clients that needed somebody to supply them with vision as well as good construction.

2nd logo - company that is older, probably better established, probably family run in its second generation, not particularly an imaginative company, pretty standard stuff will be delivered from them, no suprises good or bad. The will deliver good old fashioned work with little creativity.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Logo

Both look good, However the first does show a creative side on the logo its self. Maybe a different font and the G is a little hard to pickup on at first glance. Maybe a little more flare on the left, similar to the C's. Everyone has some good points!

Larry

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mike Finley said:
My impressions if asked to imagine the companies attached to the 2 logos -

1st logo - company that is well managed, imaginative, creative, might be a design/builder but somebody who is not "old school", somebody who would work well with clients that needed somebody to supply them with vision as well as good construction.

2nd logo - company that is older, probably better established, probably family run in its second generation, not particularly an imaginative company, pretty standard stuff will be delivered from them, no suprises good or bad. The will deliver good old fashioned work with little creativity.
Right On, Buddy. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I'm with Mike too. The first one makes me think of sailboats.

·
Registered
364 Posts
My thoughts for what they are worth:

I am waiting to see logo number three - neither of these QUITE did it for me for a home construction business. Of the two however I liked the second one the best but just by a razor's edge.

The first one, to my eyes, smacks of "Silicon Valley Yuppie". (Then again it also would probably appeal to that type of person as well :) It's just too free form in my opinion and though it has a more creative feeling, it does not inspire confidence per say. (Not that a logo should be a way to select a contractor mind you...) Also my first impression when I saw it was 'slightly Oriental'.

The second one is better.... but to me it is too BOXY. It is a 'tougher' logo and I would think seeing it on major construction machinery like concrete trucks, large backhoes, and cranes would be appropriate. When I saw it I thought of a large cement office building and company machinery on a multi acre worksite.

Just my 2 cents.
Charles

·
Registered
274 Posts
Who is the target?

I'm not sure why, but from a residential aspect I like the first one. If I am a commercial customer I would like the second one better.

Rich

1 - 20 of 41 Posts