Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2500 sf commercial warehouse space w/ angled cieling 16' to 20'. I want to add an office space 12' x 24' and a staircase leading to the 12' x 24' loft/office space above it. This would have to be built at the low(16') end. First of all can anyone tell me if would even be able to get a permit to do this? If so, I would appreciate any advice/plans (will pay) on construction.

Also, I was told that to bring a project like this to code that it would have to be wheel chair accessible, is that true? Not quite confident in the source.

Orange County, Florida

Thanks,
Dimmech

·
Registered
4 Posts
First Find Out What Your Local Building Dept. Wants. Tell Them What You Got And What You Want. Only Then Will You Really Know What Is Expected. You Are Most Likely Going To Have To Tearout Some Conc. Through The Center For Ftg's. Most Exterior Ftg's. On A Slab Are Already Sufficiant Enough To Carry The Load Of A Wood Floor So No Work There. I'll Draw Plans If Needed. If Not Will Still Thread For Help Because Most The Threads On This Site Where Written By Morons. misinformation Is Worse Than No Information
hughesdraftinganddesign.com

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
SUPER STEVE said:
...Will Still Thread For Help Because Most The Threads On This Site Where Written By Morons.
Welcome Steve. Judging by remarks from your other posts you'll fit right in. Oh, by the way, can you draw the little elf picture in the back of the TV Guide? :D

SUPER STEVE said:
IF IT IS NOT A CURB OR A GUTTER GET YOURSELF A STRUC. ENGINEER.
SUPER STEVE said:
AN ARCHITECT IS NOTHING MORE THAN A HIGHLY (HIGHLY) OVER-RATED DRAFTSMAN
SUPER STEVE said:
AN ENGINEER CAN'T SPECIFY ANYTHING WITHOUT A SET OF PLANS FIRST
SUPER STEVE said:
IF YOU DON'T LIVE IN CA. OR FLA. THERE IS A CHANCE YOU WILL NOT NEED PERMITS OR A PLAN.OR YOUR BUILDING DEPT. MAY STILL ACCEPT PLANS ON A NAPKIN (NO REALLY!)
SUPER STEVE said:
F.Y.I. IF YOU CAN'T READ PLANS YOUR NOT A CONTRACTOR :cheesygri

·
Registered
158 Posts
Gosh Steve, you've been on the forum one day and you have managed to offend almost everyone who has read your unusually ignorant and unhelpful comments. It's not unusual to run into jackasses on these kind of forums but what surprises me is that you appear to operate a business that deals with the needs of normal people. How is that possible?

Perhaps I am just resentful that after 37 years of designing hotels, hospitals, dormitories, high-rise apartments, office buildings, and custom houses, I am actually "NOTHING MORE THAN A HIGHLY [sic] OVER-RATED DRAFTSMAN"

Are we a little defensive about the "draftsman" title Steve? Perhaps you had higher aspirations that didn't work out. A little jealous of people with masters degrees and a license to practice architecture? Whatever the problem is, you should keep your self-serving personal opinions about the qualifications of others off of public forums.

·
Registered
38 Posts
a...a...are you a little s...s....slow there Stevey?

"If Not Will Still Thread For Help Because Most The Threads On This Site Where Written By Morons"

Nice grammer and spelling, drafting professional.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Steve, That stickman on your website is brilliant. Actually, the whole thing is incredibly creative. :Thumbs:

I wouldn't let you draw plans for a dog house.

·
Pro Painter
2,314 Posts
Oh my, we caught us a winner this time....take the boat ashore so we can pull him in!!

I have to agree with K custom home on this one. You really need to do more design work on the website before you go spouting off about how great a designer you are. That crap chasing my cursor around is the most annoying thing any website could ever have. Not only that but you've surely got LOFTY GOALS with things like this on your website:
BEWARE OF "CRAP PLANS". THERE ARE A
NUMBER (LARGE) OF SITES ON THE INTERNET
THAT WILL SELL YOU PLANS THAT YOU CAN NOT
BUILD . EITHER THEY ARE DRAWN BY NON
COHERENT MEANS, NOT TO YOUR CODE OR ANY
CODES, OR THEY COULD JUST BE MISSING SMALL
STUFF, LIKE A WATER HEATER(WHO NEEDS HOT
WATER!) WHY PAY $2000.00-10,000 FOR FIRE
STARTER
I mean, at least get your grammar correct before you try to slam your competition or you end up slamming yourself. Not only that, but consumers don't take well to people who slam their competition.
OUR VISION
YOU CAN THROW VISION OUT THE WINDOW. Here we have
a seventh sense it's called COMMON and we use it! This is what the
driving force behind all major firms should be. We believe that great
things take great people and to become great you must do something
memorable. We will with perseverance become an industry leader in
Speed and Accuracy. The little company that could, laying the tracks
instead of riding them. Like a formula one car, throw use a curve and we
down shift and rocket through it.

We will continue to grow and change as the world changes around us by
opening our minds to all new things. We will wake everyday and know
that today will bring about more changes, exciting new things, and
wonderful amazements of all kinds! And will greet each new day with a
NEW KIND OF SMILE, an intuitive smile, the smile of a wise man when all
is right.

OUR MISSION

Here at HUGHES DRAFTING AND DESIGN we strive to produce only
the highest quality of services across all levels. To us it does not mater if
your job is small or large you are going to get the same tier of service
THE HIGHEST.

We know time is money and we strive to cut as much time off of all the
work we do here as possible without shaving off the quality. With
revolutionary productivity tools we have managed to cut the number of
keystrokes used in AutoCad down by over half. What does this mean to
you, SPEED!
:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
If this 'SUPERSTEVE' was for real I'm sure he would have been choked with his own 'cape' by now.

I'd get a 'P.I.' to check his 'I.P.'!! :cheesygri

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
In your own odd way, you are a misfit. Welcome!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Misfit???

Misfit???? Is that what you call him, he's more than a misfit. He a D&^( A$& you know what! I was dying laughing at what you guys said about SUPER STEVE....and I thought in my post earlier today I was a little hard on him, NO WAY!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts