Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for company who can help me with the local search. If you know someone or know a good way advertising on iphone, smartphones etc let me know

·
Marketing Ninja
26 Posts
Looking for company who can help me with the local search. If you know someone or know a good way advertising on iphone, smartphones etc let me know

You're going to want to make sure you have a mobile-optimized website to start. Most Wordpress themes are already mobile-optimized.

Be sure to claim your Google Places listing and fill in as many details as possible.

You then want to get as many citations as possible. Claim your Yelp listing and ask customers that have had a good experience to review you on Yelp. Claim your listing in all other services as well (Yahoo, FB Page, 4 Square, LinkedIn, etc)

Do the free things first, then do targeted marketing to your ideal customers (FB ads are a great way to do this, and cheap, then direct mail). Capture the names and emails of visitors by offering them something of value (a free report to know what to look for when selecting a (industry) contractor, for example).

Hope this helps.

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
Go to Getlisted.org and click on the Professional Assistance link at the top.

I've done local search optimization on a professional level and just about every person in the industry that I followed for technique and innovation is on that list.

·
Registered
785 Posts
EthanB said:
Go to Getlisted.org and click on the Professional Assistance link at the top. I've done local search optimization on a professional level and just about every person in the industry that I followed for technique and innovation is on that list.
By the way, thank you for recommending get listed last year. Atleast in my home town we do great for the maps listing and I'm sure it's because of get listed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My opinion also is to look into a site like getlisted.org. That is a great site where you are able to analyze what your home improvement business looks like on the internet. Local search numbers are rising constantly, and with this transformation many search engines are customizing the user experience so that the most relevant and LOCAL results are appearing towards the top!

Also don't forget to claim your google places listing! Its free, and with a little SEO help you can be on page one of google for free!

·
Registered
10 Posts
First make sure you dont get confused and think that responsive and mobile optimized are the same thing. If you focus on mobile then you'll want a mobile optimized site. Responsive will be a fad that goes to the waste side. Having a site built specifically for mobile devices that can be placed on a sub domain (m.yourwebsite.com or even yourwebsite.com/mobile) is the best way to go.

Depending on your current situation local SEO can be a hard climb to the top and possibly a long climb again depends on your current situation. Getlisted.org is a great resource that Ethan has mentioned.Also dont be afraid to let us know more details and we would be more than happy to help you out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Google Places

Go to Getlisted.org and click on the Professional Assistance link at the top.

I've done local search optimization on a professional level and just about every person in the industry that I followed for technique and innovation is on that list.
Yes. Getlisted.org has just morphed to Moz Local ran by David Mihm one of the best Local SEO guys in the nation. They have a great product that you can purchase for $49 that will boost your local citations.

A few things I recommend. Log in to GOogle and claim your listing. You can do this by Googling- Google Places for Business add.

Load your profile with pictures, multiple categories, description, hours of operation, etc Make sure your listing on the map is correct.

Get Online Reviews, you get points for 3 and 5 reviews

Make sure your citations match up. Citations are any online directory site, such as the BBB, Yelp, Chamber of Commerce, etc that list the Business Name, Address and Phone number.. This information MUST match up exactly with what is in Google Places

BBB is one of the best Citations you can get because it is viewed as a CURATED DIRECTORY. Google knows they do a background check on their members and they know their data is good data..

Last DON't use a Call Tracking number on anything online.. Doing so will hurt your chances to rank on page 1..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts