Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys(and gals)

I am looking to re vamp our current Home show booth. We do new construction, remodeling and general construction. First off, do guys ever do the local shows? We have had really good success in the past with them. Second...

Any of you guys have any ideas for our booth? It is a 10'deep x 20' wide I currently build a small ICF wall with rebar and all in it to be able to show people. It is an eye catcher because people dont know what it is. We put out a laptop with running slideshows and then we leave out broscures and job portfolios. I dont want to be that guy that has big flourescent signs and a repeating advertisement on the small flat screen, But I want to do more to showcase. I was thinking of building a lightweight backdrop with crown molding and mounting photos on the "walls". Either that or build a portion of an exterior wall with a window and material cutaways to see all the layers(sheathing, housewrap, window flashing, siding trim etc. My thought is to showcase the use of Hardie siding, Versatex trim, andersen windows and OC roofing. Just an idea. I just would hate to build this and carry it in and out!:whistling

·
13 Licenses & Counting
197 Posts
While I've never done the home show circuit, based on the supplier shows I go to, I'm always happiest with the guys who bring out a class or something. Come up with a 10 minute demo or three that you can rotate with props?

Also, spiffs are fun!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guys(and gals)

I am looking to re vamp our current Home show booth. We do new construction, remodeling and general construction. First off, do guys ever do the local shows? We have had really good success in the past with them. Second...

Any of you guys have any ideas for our booth? It is a 10'deep x 20' wide I currently build a small ICF wall with rebar and all in it to be able to show people. It is an eye catcher because people dont know what it is. We put out a laptop with running slideshows and then we leave out broscures and job portfolios. I dont want to be that guy that has big flourescent signs and a repeating advertisement on the small flat screen, But I want to do more to showcase. I was thinking of building a lightweight backdrop with crown molding and mounting photos on the "walls". Either that or build a portion of an exterior wall with a window and material cutaways to see all the layers(sheathing, housewrap, window flashing, siding trim etc. My thought is to showcase the use of Hardie siding, Versatex trim, andersen windows and OC roofing. Just an idea. I just would hate to build this and carry it in and out!:whistling
i think reply is too

·
Stonewall357
42 Posts
Put a big bowl of candy in the back of your booth. That way people have to come in to get it. And bring several bags cause they will come in and get some. Also have lots of sugar free. I was told by many people that I was the only one that had sugar free candy.

When they come it and get the candy that gives you the opportunity to give them a card and tell them about your company.

Also have a registry. Get the people who have an interest in your services to sign the registry. And follow up on it immediately. That's the key. If you wait to follow those leads, they lose interest or go cold.

Hope this helps.

·
www.magicpoolservices.com
831 Posts
At the last Home And Garden show, we gave away a HDTV.
We asked if them to fill out some basic info - address - phone - email and " if they owned a pool " -

The TV cost us $800, and we picked up 18 new accounts - $18,000.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I did a booth for 11 years straight. I also tried many different things with the booth. The best thing you can do is have very approachable smiling faces working your booth. A pretty smiling blond in a red dress is a win win deal. I know it sounds sexist but it works and, no, female clients are not intimidated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts