Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started to use the local Google Business Ads and am popping up in all three cities that I'm for certain keywords. Not all of them though. Am I wrong in thinking that these ads will be the first ads people look at? They are usually listed on the top of the page just below the sponsored links. Google lets you post multiple ads also. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im interested in this as well. Im trying to get my site to rank in 2 different local searches.

Im number one in the local search in the city I am in, but I want to rank high in another local bigger city as well.

Ive tried to change my city in my listing, along with adding keywords to my listing title.

Anybody have any luck with this yet?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Well first off why isn't your site in your signature like mine is if you are trying to get it ranked?

I am or was 1st listing for my primary keywords. I am still on the first page for multiple keywords and top listed for a few. It varies month to month it seems.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Grumpy,

I thought I had to get to 20 posts before I could have a link in my signature??

Im on the first page and top 3 in many organic rankings, Im just trying to list highly on the little map that comes before the organic results for many keywords.

·
Registered
288 Posts
On average, organic search gets 70% of the clicks.

But, Adwords is instant, and predictable.

Here's where people tend to look/click:

The "Google local" map gets some traffic. Some people look right past it.

The absolute best strategy? Get to the top in all three places! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
That's actually a thermal image type picture of where people look on google search results. The closer to "red hot" the color is the more eyeballs are focused on that spot.

Don't ask me how they come up w/ that, maybe Seth will tell us....

I was ranked 10 for some good keywords for awhile on google local, I have had 0 people click on my ad. I've subsequently slipped out of the top 10 for some unknown reason...

·
Registered
288 Posts
That's actually a thermal image type picture of where people look on google search results. The closer to "red hot" the color is the more eyeballs are focused on that spot.

Don't ask me how they come up w/ that, maybe Seth will tell us....
It's analytics data mapped out using "heat map" graphics, from S E O - m o z.

I like it because it gets the point across to Adwords hopefuls with one glance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts