Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
The bottom line is a sole prorietership offers no protection of your personal assets - you and everything you own are the business. Unless you plan on never accumilating any assets or weath never form a sole proprietership. In a corporation, the business is it's own entity. You work for it. Somebody can sue the business but your personal assets are not at risk

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm an a sole prop. and soon to be LLC. I have found no protection from the entity of sole proprietor as well as not having my name registered with the state.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am an LLC. My cards say that I am the "Operations Manager" even though I own the company..people don't need to know that. Sole proprietor is crazy. Ypu can loose your house and your dog if something goes wrong

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
premierpainting said:
I am an LLC. My cards say that I am the "Operations Manager" even though I own the company..people don't need to know that. Sole proprietor is crazy. Ypu can loose your house and your dog if something goes wrong
I agree with everything you said, except I am an S corp and my card says project manager. We're like two peas in a pod! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts