Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Remodeler
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Dewalt cordless set. The manual says to charge the batteries when the air temperature is between 65 and 75 degrees. They say Do Not charge when the temp. is below +45 and above +105. The problem is the air temp. here is about 5 degrees. Do you guys bring them inside? Thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
mike d. said:
I have a new Dewalt cordless set. The manual says to charge the batteries when the air temperature is between 65 and 75 degrees. They say Do Not charge when the temp. is below +45 and above +105. The problem is the air temp. here is about 5 degrees. Do you guys bring them inside? Thanks:thumbsup:
That's a pretty narrow range! I wonder if it has to do with the chemistry of the battery becoming possible damaged when a charge is applied outside that range? 65-75 is probably ideal, with possible damage below +45 or above +105.

·
Remodeler
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think Iam going to return the whole kit this weekend. I didn't they dont have a fuel gauge on them. Plus being so temperature delicate that concerns me. Anybody like the PC 20 volt?

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
I think Iam going to return the whole kit this weekend. I didn't they dont have a fuel gauge on them. Plus being so temperature delicate that concerns me. Anybody like the PC 20 volt?
The dewalt 20v batts do have a fuel gauge on them, quite handy too.

I also read that and was surprised at such a narrow range but I usually have the heater running in the trailer in the winter and that's where I keep the chargers plugged in.

·
diplomat
5,292 Posts
All of the brands are going to have basically the same actual limitations, but with different levels of conservative manual writing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
An answer to your original question, yes I have a bag of batteries that I bring in the house when it will be real cold out and I need to get an early start.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts