Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I hope you are all safe and healthy! I have three drywalls that need to be coated with liquid rubber. I just need steps or ideas before I do it. Does it work on drywalls? I could not find videos on youtube! Should I use geo textile on the corners or just cut in and roll?
Please share your ideas here if you have used liquid rubber on drywall before!

Thanks

Khalil

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply. No, we have a bakery store and there is a door in the back where rain and snow is going to hit the three drywalls in winter time. We need to avoid having any mold and mildew. Any suggestions? The paint store suggested liquid rubber waterproofing but i am not finding any info on it online. Does it work for drywall? A guy says drywall will fall apart if it is primed with it so I am here seeking ideas and thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
Anything hit by rain or snow is exterior. Drywall is not appropriate for that application. Use a waterproof wall cladding or liquid rubber over cement board or Hardie. Redguard is not appropriate if left exposed in an exterior application. Use a liquid rubber product intended for that.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I'm totally confused why is drywall on an exterior or anywhere near being exposed to the exterior? And what is three drywalls?

·
Registered
9,607 Posts
I bet they leave the door open all the time to get rid of the heat and the rain and snow blows in

1 - 12 of 12 Posts