Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever had one of these grenade?

I was not getting access until I connected straight to the modem even though it was all lit up and indicating that everything was fine. In messing around with it, I unplugged it and when I plugged it back in.....nothing. I'm thinking that it's toast.

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
I just purchsed a laptop and wireless router on Tues. The wireless router I got was a TRENDnet and everything has been good so far. Now, the setup was a challange as their instruction manual wasn't 100% accurate but a call to the call centre sorted everything out.

Maybe you got a bad one Teetor?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought this back when it was a beta version, just curious as to anyone elses problems (lifespan?). It's been up 24/7 for a few years.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking that too. It has to stay up as ol'#2 and I work different schedules. Maybe it's time just came and went. Tomorrow I'll check the transformer for output.

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
Teetor,
Have you tried accessing it with a browser. If you can maybe you can reboot it or rest it.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Min, right now I can't power it. I'm going to have to determine where that problem lies. I'll talk to them later today to see what, if any, problems they have had.
So far, it has survived voltage fluctuations that killed the reefer twice, a dishwasher, a microwave, my old workstation (due for replacement anyway), pool pump, phone system (twice), scanner and a PC. Forgot something like 3 modems and a bunch of smaller stuff.

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
Teetor,
Better just bite the bullet and get a new one. They are pretty cheap nowadays.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ol#2 is giving me the same advice, thanks for the reinforcement. When you have been to the bottom of the barrel twice, it sometimes affects your objectivity.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Just both the same unit two months ago- works great. If I take the laptop outside, the signal gets weak, but other than that, everything's fine.

Bob

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
Anyone ever had one of these grenade?
No, two years and it's A#1 Finest Kind!
It did replace a D-Link that was a D-Stink though

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I called Linksys and you'll never guess what happened. I pushed about 20 1's, 2's, 3's and wound up with a bad connection to Bangladesh and tried to talk with a cousin of the guy that runs the MiniMart down the street.
I don't speak Bangladeshi and he didn't speak English, I think that he was trying to sell me 2 for 1 smokes so I hung up.

I hope that he's getting time +1/2, it's after 1 AM there. How much is that in rupee's?

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
...wound up with a bad connection to Bangladesh and tried to talk with a cousin of the guy that runs the MiniMart down the street.
Now there's a shocker :rolleyes:

My buddy the IT chick tells me Dell has Canadians for Corporate Customer Support, for the rest of us it's Indians

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
Hey if it's DOA-no lights at all- check the wall wart
Those things are notoriously cheeply made
The wires can snap inside and you'll never know
Gotta spare? Check it out

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks slick, I'm now trying to find one with an American support team.

Does YaHoo! make wireless routers?

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
DecksEtc said:
Watch your comments about Canadians, eh!
LOL
...I meant in a good way...lol

No really, if you are a corporation, you get a different support service than regular people
The IT people won't stand for the crappy off-shore support
In her case, the company told Dell, get us good support or we are throwing all these Dell laptops and desktops (for 26 stories of lawyers) in the trash
So Dell got a Canadian support team for them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts