Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone could help figure some stuff out. I'm helping my uncle move into power washing lots. He's been getting asked to do parking lots lately. I've been doing some research and can't get a straight answer if we need a separate licences or permits for the water that runs in to the streets.

That water runs into a creek then two rivers before hitting a lake. So I can't figure if EPA has any regulation or permits required for this situation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The regulations vary greatly throughout Texas. I can't give you an answer. You'll have to contact your water treatment plant. I think you're also in zone 6. This means all storm drains lead to bodies of water. You'll more than likely going to have to get a permit for water, even if you're not dumping it in a storm drain. Check out propowerwash.com this guy has a pretty good forum set up. Lots of information and people will help you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Osoto. I appreciate the help. I've contacted the guy and he said yeah it runs in to the storm drains. They lead to a creek that leads to a river that leads to another river then another river and then a lake that runs into another lake. So yeah, I think I'm and going to need permits lol. Who or How do I go about getting permits?

·
GC/carpenter
43,900 Posts
The regulations vary greatly throughout Texas. I can't give you an answer. You'll have to contact your water treatment plant. I think you're also in zone 6. This means all storm drains lead to bodies of water. You'll more than likely going to have to get a permit for water, even if you're not dumping it in a storm drain. Check out propowerwash.com this guy has a pretty good forum set up. Lots of information and people will help you.
Not 100% sure about this, but I don't think it's only a state issue. I would make certain you do proper due diligence on this one. State and local fines are one thing, but EPA fines are ruthless and can be brutal. It has everything to do with public water ways. The feds get involved with water because it not only effects wildlife but it can effect multiple States.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts