Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new general contractor specializing in door and wall protection installation projects. I have my first installation project within the next two weeks and I need to secure liability insurance. I have a lead on a company to provide insurance for me, however, I am not certain what is a reasonable price for coverage. I am also not certain of the amount of coverage to purchase. I will have two others guys working for me as subcontractors. The project will require cutting of pvc sheet and corner protectors with either a Stanley blade or a chop saw. Does anyone have any reccommendation for the ammount of insurance I should purchase or a potential supplier?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
You will need a level of protection that you will provide and this will determine your insurance amount per incidence and ultimately your premiums.
If you say that your product and installation will protect $4.5M of ming vases then you should carry at least $5M of insurance (don't forget court and attorney costs). If you are not in a position to carry litigation costs add 35% to the total.
I know that you are now going &&(()*%&! but that is why everybody costs at least $60.00 to show up at your door. Free estimates? HEEHEE! 1 hr minumum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts