Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Leviton Load Centers

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Dooi 
#1 ·
Has anybody installed these and have any experience with them? Are they solid and reliable? Never seen these before but got a residential job where the customer wants these. My electrical sub doesnt have any experience with them either.

#6 ·
Looked at the Leviton site, read about the load centers. I didn't see any compelling reason to use one over any other brand. They do offer a line of breakers that you can monitor from your phone, to me that equates to expensive, failure prone, gimmicky crap.
Just did a quick search. The "smart" breakers are $109 each for a 20amp single pole. That will make for an expensive can.

#7 ·
Yeah, totally agree with you on the "smart" breaker part. The rest of it still looks pretty good. It costs a little more for the panel cover, but the regular non smart breakers are about the same price. Leviton says it wires faster because you can land your wires without breakers being there. So maybe a wash?
On this last house the panel was going to be visible right by the garage door so the Leviton would have looked a lot nicer than the SquareD grey box. If it's in a utility room or dark corner of the basement, then who cares, but if you have to see it every day I'd rather look at the clean white Leviton with all the little green LEDs.

#8 ·
The visual appeal is one thing thats driving it. This will be going in the garage and very visible every time they go in and walk by it. The price difference doesnt seem to be a concern its only come out to $500 or so more for some of the smart breakers to go on things like HVAC etc.

Far cry from an electrician but my sub did say it should wire very quickly and cleanly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.