Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leverage like " you best do like you said you would or you wont get paid leverage? " That chit works.
Lol. Sometimes.

I probably lost a lot of people on that.

But consider this........

Where was the business leveraged in 1980? In 1990? In 2000? Study the process of changing leverage? It's highly flawed.

Who had higher leverage in 1998; the business with a website or the business with a newspaper ad? OK, what about 2000?

Now what about 2013? 2 companies, both have websites. One has leverage one has none. Why? Where does leverage come from?

The answer comes from how and why a cell structure exists. It has to do with time.

Why do some companies always seem to have leverage while others never seem to have it?

Anyhow, it's a discussion on perspective, not a "how to" guide really.

·
Super Moderator
29,164 Posts
Lol. Sometimes.

I probably lost a lot of people on that.

But consider this........

Where was the business leveraged in 1980? In 1990? In 2000? Study the process of changing leverage? It's highly flawed.

Who had higher leverage in 1998; the business with a website or the business with a newspaper ad? OK, what about 2000?

Now what about 2013? 2 companies, both have websites. One has leverage one has none. Why? Where does leverage come from?

The answer comes from how and why a cell structure exists. It has to do with time.

Why do some companies always seem to have leverage while others never seem to have it?

Anyhow, it's a discussion on perspective, not a "how to" guide really.
Leverage is a major part of my job, I agree.

Leverage is simple. Supply and demand. Period.

·
Super Moderator
29,164 Posts
No no no no no........ that's not what I mean, not that kind of leverage.
The only other leverage this old boy knows about involves a pendulum point :laughing:

Otherwise, its supply and demand.

Edumacate me. I opened you a brand new thread.

·
Banned
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me simplify this.

Where is the leverage in a website today on December 4th 2013? I mean, to have serious freaking leverage on just the website alone. The best and highest leverage possible!

Picture that in your head OK. Now, what does that look like? Don't answer, just picture it.

Hold that image in your head. Design it in your head. Literally close your eyes and build that bad ass website that customers freak out over cause it's so awesome. Because it's everything they could possible want.

Do you see it?

Can you feel it?

Take your time and really build that in your head for a moment. I'll be back in a second.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
The only other leverage this old boy knows about involves a pendulum point :laughing:

Otherwise, its supply and demand.

Edumacate me. I opened you a brand new thread.
OCO... help us with your concept with leverage.... to me it's either a financial concept... or a sturdy strong headboard.;)

·
Banned
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't agree to a new thread which obligates me.

Alright, did you read my last post? Do you have that envisioned in your head?

·
Banned
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Adaptation, innovation, growth, repeat:rolleyes:
Your right but that's irrelevant to what I was originally talking about. Out of context.

Why? Because adaption is slow. It happens in chunks. It happens because of pressure and it's always late.

A "cell" is fluid. It's evolution and transcends "time".

The goal for a business should be to act or model like a "cell". It changes and evolves without ever stopping.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Leverage is when you wake up in the morning with a piss hard on and you are standing in front of the toilet and you push it down and your feet come off the floor.

Or was that torque?
Your floor doesn't buckle first..... sorry

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Let me simplify this.

Where is the leverage in a website today on December 4th 2013? I mean, to have serious freaking leverage on just the website alone. The best and highest leverage possible!

Picture that in your head OK. Now, what does that look like? Don't answer, just picture it.

Hold that image in your head. Design it in your head. Literally close your eyes and build that bad ass website that customers freak out over cause it's so awesome. Because it's everything they could possible want.

Do you see it?

Can you feel it?

Take your time and really build that in your head for a moment. I'll be back in a second.
:laughing: 6 months too late it's built and being tweaked. Can I picture a new improved version, with seo and scalability? :laughing:

·
Banned
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Exactly, but then it will sit......and slowly becomes irrelevant until you are pushed to change it.....and make it relevant.

In that scenario, leverage weakens over time. True leverage needs to be constant.

Think about that for a minute.

And I'm not just talking about websites, that just scratches the surface here.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Exactly, but then it will sit......and slowly becomes irrelevant until you are pushed to change it.....and make it relevant.
Absolutely correct, though I have been changing, modifying, morphing the site, seo, marketing, language, vision, and specifically "My Brand". Funny thing is the Dream website "Vision" has never changed. But the first version looked like crap "in the light of day", so to speak. All of these 'things' are crafted over time and many iterations to become relevant yet alone appealing to the selected audience.

Leverage is your influence/ability to move people. The real question is where do you want them to go. Then as with a fulcrum (lever) what's the right mechanism to achieve movement. Then the test and measure to figure the energies/influences that don';t break the mechanisms yet get the people where you want them.

....Well that's my take, until further refinement. My brain is fried, been in 'formal' strategic planning all day. To me the leverage you speak of is the ultimate action - sum of all the businesses parts operating.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts