Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My company is a general home improvement company in the midwest. We do windows, siding, roofing and remodeling/additions.

We've had alot of success with our current lead campaigns, and we're looking to expand. We need to find out about additional lead sources. Can anyone share lead sources they've had success with?

So far, we've only used United Home Improvement. We're closing the hell out of their leads, I think mostly because they're exclusive. We didnt sign up with other services because they cost the same, and are sold to 3-5 other competitors next door to us! Now, we're thinking about giving these non-exclusive guys a shot, but I wonder to myself.. how can the closing rates be nearly as good?

Here are our current stats:
Leads per month: 100-175
Appointment rate: ~49%
Closing rate: ~27%

Anyone finding good success with non-exclusive leads?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep found those posts. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any new sources suggested that are of the same quality.

We want exclusive, real-time leads in large volumes.

What's the deal with everyone trying to sell non-exclusive leads? If the whole game is about closing deals, then why would s-magic and the rest of these guys hurt our chances at closing leads? If we dont close thier leads as much, we wont buy as many... so... wake up!

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I am confident enough in my ability that if you send me a lead I'm gonna work it. I don't care if you send that lead to 2 or 3 other guys.

I'm not with the company you listed only because I haven't been in business long enough for them to list me yet. Unfortunately.

There are a few other lead sources I have found which I found after that posting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grumpy said:
I am confident enough in my ability that if you send me a lead I'm gonna work it. I don't care if you send that lead to 2 or 3 other guys.

I'm not with the company you listed only because I haven't been in business long enough for them to list me yet. Unfortunately.

There are a few other lead sources I have found which I found after that posting.
Confidence in your closing ability is great. Unfortunately for you, if a lead is sold to 2 or 3 other guys and the deal is closed before you make the first call, all the sales expertise in the world wont help you.

Grumpy, do you see room for the possibility that exclusive leads would facilitate higher closing rates?

Can you list the other services you've found since posting that list?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Nope. I am almost always the first one to call the customer.

Yes it certianly would increase assuming the customer only goes to one lead source. But that's not the case. Society believes they need 3 estimates, which is why they like these lead services. 5 minutes and they get 3-4 estimates.

If they go to a lead service and only get one guy calling them they are going to find more leads. That's what they do.

One other thing I'd like to say, and I may be out of line, but I think I have hit the nail on the head. I do think you are a represenative of some lead generation service, perhas one that provides exclusive leads and probably one that doesnt give contractors the ption to accept/reject... and you are trying to cultivate interest in your service... That's what I think. Every post you have made in this forum has been about lead services. You have discussed no other topic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grumpy said:

Yes it certianly would increase assuming the customer only goes to one lead source. But that's not the case. Society believes they need 3 estimates, which is why they like these lead services. 5 minutes and they get 3-4 estimates.

If they go to a lead service and only get one guy calling them they are going to find more leads. That's what they do.

One other thing I'd like to say, and I may be out of line, but I think I have hit the nail on the head. I do think you are a represenative of some lead generation service, perhas one that provides exclusive leads and probably one that doesnt give contractors the ption to accept/reject... and you are trying to cultivate interest in your service... That's what I think. Every post you have made in this forum has been about lead services. You have discussed no other topic.
Not sure how you concluded what you did, but definitely not. There are plenty of other people in here talking all about lead generation services, yourself included. I joined this board because this was the only place I found that actually had candid talk about it-- what works, what doesnt, and why. That's what I'm interested in. Sorry if my conversations irk you.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
It's OK Mike. He doesn't go by Grumpy for nothing. Nothing that another 20 yrs. won't cure, if he stays grumpy something will get him.
That's a warning to you Tom.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Well my father was pretty grumpy as well and he stayed grumpy until I moved out and my younger brother moved out. I guess 3 boys was too much for him. I learned my grumpyness from him, and don't plan to change. I say what is on my mind and most people think that's grumpy to not sugar coat everything.

Your conversation doesn't irk me. I stated my reasonings for my statement above. I said you came to the board and the only thing you want to discusss is lead services... and to be even more specific you only want to discuss one specific type of lead services... and to be even more specific you are trying to convince us that this one type of lead service with exclusive leads is the only way to go.

How else could one conclude anything than I have already concluded? It's possible I am wrong but I am the unofficial spam sniffer and I have grown both suspicious and keenly aware of hidden spam.

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
What kind of salary does "unofficial spam sniffer" pay?

How did come to acquire such unusual and extraordinary talents? ;)

Sorry Grumpy, but I couldn't help myself :))

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
The job of unofficial spam sniifers has no pay but does hgave great benefits. It allows me to snap on someone for no obvious reason, then gives me an excuse for doing so.

The talents were aquired through addition of online forums and communities. An extraordinary large nose helps too ;)

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Grumpy said:
I think we had a discussion on this before in regard to what position 1st, 2nd or 3rd would you like to be with a typical customer that is going to get 3 estimates.

Obviously you like being the 1st guy.

What do you think (roughly or by gut feeling) the percentage is of estimates you do when you are the first guy that the customer signs on the spot with you? (roofing only not smaller dollar amount repair jobs)

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I like being the first guy too. It allows me to make a big first impression, setting the bar, so to speak.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I couldn't even guess at numbers but I find when I have a fast response time it impresses people.

There was a repair job that I picked up the other day. I was dollar for dollar with my compition and the customer told me he gave me the job because "I responded first and estimated first, and that counts for something."

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think 1st and last each have their advantages. Above are good points, but I think alot of it applies to the clean-up position too. For example, alot of the competition out there lacks professionalism-- and this can be emphasized especially well when you're last.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Mike do you mean first sit sales? I walk in the house and walk out with a signed contract. Is this what you are talking about? I thought you were talking about something else.

If that's what you are talking about the answer is very very little. Usually only when it comes to repairs do I sell on the first sitting. I almost always close big jobs over the phone in my weekly follow up calls.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts