Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After the res thread im curious to what setups you guys have as your "Command centers" (Wife calls mine that because she thinks im like that fat geek dude from Die hard with his under ground command center :mad:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtzOhJ3mR8U

Desktop (Liquid cooled custom built) gaming/work rig

Intel Quad core Q9400 2.66ghz running overclocked @ 3.2ghz
Mother board - PQ5 turbo
4gb Corsair gaming memory
1000w PSU
2TB (raid 0 striped array) harddrives
1TB (Secondary drive)
Nvidia GTX275 garphics card
Windows 7 pro
Razer Mamba mouse
Razer Megasoma mat
Razer Carcharias gaming headset
LG DVD Burner
Altec lansing 2.1 speakers

To follow- Dual monitors, Blu-ray burner, Nas

Laptop Alienware sentia M3450

Intel core 2 Duo T7200 2.00ghz
1GB DDR2 Memory
80GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive
8x DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Burner
14.1" WXGA (1280x800) Wide Screen LCD
Intel GMA 950 Integrated Graphics
Windows Vista

·
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder
1,074 Posts
portable command center ... my dreams are coming true

laptop and printer, high tech, I know.
The picture speaks a THOUSAND words about how far advanced as a business person you are. I have been building MyOnlineToolbox.com based on this future premise and will be showing this over and over again to demonstrate how the next generation of contractors will be operating. And you are already in front, good for you:thumbup:

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The picture speaks a THOUSAND words about how far advanced as a business person you are. I have been building MyOnlineToolbox.com based on this future premise and will be showing this over and over again to demonstrate how the next generation of contractors will be operating. And you are already in front, good for you:thumbup:

:thumbsup: There are a few of use who need PC's like streamline GT but im really hobby only. But one day we should all have setups in our work vehicles

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hey it's still a command center. I'm a geek and i don't know anyone with a permanent laptop and printer setup in their vehicle :thumbsup:
I have my laptop set up like that. I very rarely need a printer but I have one that I can keep behind the seat and will pull out when needed.

I am on the road all day and I am 1 1/2 hrs from my office. I have a Blackberry now but I have not found anything that will beat my laptop in my truck.:clap:

·
Banned
7 Posts
The new F-150 has a center counsel that works as a computer. The package comes with a blu tooth keyboard and an optional printer. The computer even lets you access your office desktop. Looks like they took your idea Streamline....(youtube.com/watch?v=zTl7lDULuVk)

I've got a hunch Ford is going to have a very successful upswing in the next couple years and not just because of this new F-150

·
Scooter
304 Posts
lol.... i wear them home and they stay. I won't discuss the fact that it's only a few hours later and there is a fourth one in line:laughing:. After I get about 6 of them stacked up I throw em all back in the truck.

·
Scooter
304 Posts
Ok,... I'll put this dog to rest tonight...lol:laughing:
Going outside to take pics of the truck and the inside..... be prepared, your gonna get sick:sick:

1 - 20 of 158 Posts