Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does, the new, the old, and the here today, and gone tomorrow, "fans" on here, NOT lists their location, place, jobs, trade, etc. etc.

That is why? ARE you AFRAID TO SAY? Grow a set, I have them, most of us do!

I LIVE in MARS, and proud of it! Can ya beat that! Imagine my drive time to, and from work every day! lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
Because there are crazy people on the internet and I'm not going to just hand over my info. I'm not saying it isn't out there, but I'm not going to hand it over freely. I can't believe the amount of info people post online about themselves and even their kids. To each their own.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because there are crazy people on the internet and I'm not going to just hand over my info. I'm not saying it isn't out there, but I'm not going to hand it over freely. I can't believe the amount of info people post online about themselves and even their kids. To each their own.
Quad Racer, do you have a cell phone? Do you have a computer? Dah!
EVERYTHING you do and EVERYTHING time you walk, talk, message, and move, if the before things are used, the info, is OUT THERE!!!

·
John the Builder
16,993 Posts
Quad Racer, do you have a cell phone? Do you have a computer? Dah!
EVERYTHING you do and EVERYTHING time you walk, talk, message, and move, if the before things are used, the info, is OUT THERE!!!
:blink::blink:

If what you say is true, then why must we be redundant and do it all again HERE just for your pleasure??
:whistling

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Give me 2 with the paddle, let me go!!! LOL
WE are, and will, be, with cell phones computers, tracked 24/7

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah like I said, I know its out there and that what I do with my phone and lapper is under surveillance by others. Really, i believe about half of what I read here anyway. You say your name is Dave but how do we know for sure? Haha how do you know anything is really as it appears here?

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
For the record my name isn't really Ted. But I use it as my "doorman" identity so that I can filter the phone calls, inquiries, sales pitches, etc. accordingly. It helps me to see them and check them out before I decide whether or not I am going to talk to them rather that putting myself out in the open where they can check me out and figure out how they are going to blindside me with their garbage by tricking me into talking to them.

It also helps with frivolous lawsuits and fraudulent warranty claims because if someone is looking for a way to take advantage of me, they will have to expose themselves before they can get to whoever is behind the fictitious name and company. Granted if someone has a legitimate problem or they legitimately want to take me to court, they will have no problem finding me as I will come out of the woodwork to answer their complaint.

·
Head Light Bulb Changer
847 Posts
I used to give out my real name on construction forums too, (Tariqu Haziz Hamani) but after that last drone strike on me a few years ago (close call that one) I decided not to do that any more.

Andy.
OK, that's just funny right there. I don't care who you are :laughing:
Even though you spelled it wrong (I think, I don't speak Iraqi)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I used to give out my real name on construction forums too, (Tariqu Haziz Hamani) but after that last drone strike on me a few years ago (close call that one) I decided not to do that any more.

Andy.
good one i will let my daughter that works for the fbi in on a dear miss:clap:

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
At first I didn't give all info just in case for some reason. Then came a few posts that made me disclose more and more information to back up what I was saying. THen finally, fvck it, lay it all out there, what's the worst that could happen? Stalker come to my house! Wish them luck once up my lane, best ambush spot ever from elevated positions!

·
Registered
Custom
13,217 Posts
Have your bank accounts emptied and you just may view giving personal info online in a different light... :whistling

1 - 15 of 15 Posts